Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #11

Re: Help and advice needed - please

Hello and welcome. I'm sorry that you have found us through such a difficult situation.
Like the others who have expressed an opinion, I think you should ask a second vet for advice. We are only amateurs of course, but it sounds so much like epilepsy.
Good luck

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #12

Sorry, I forgot to add, warm welcome to Catsey

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-01-2008, 05:42 PM   #13

Welcome to Catsey; sorry it was for such a sad reason. I agree that a second opinion would be an excellent idea if the current vet isn't particularly helpful. Like the others said, it does sound very much like epilepsy......

Cats owned: Burmilla & Burmese
17-01-2008, 09:05 PM   #14

Hi thanks for all the posts. I have not seen my mums cat have one of these funny turns but when she described it to me I thought epilepsy too as I used to have an epileptic cat. The howling and the loss of bowel control are the same but he does not do the twitching, paddling movements that my cat used to do. Does anyone know if they can have a fit but remain still? She did suggest epilepsy to the vet but they did not seem to think this was the problem.

Cats owned: Burmilla & Burmese
17-01-2008, 09:06 PM   #15

Oh and I forgot to say he is only on the medication if its needed. I think they only gave it to her as they did not know what else to do.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
17-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #16

Hi and welcome to catsey.

I would definately be inclined to seek a second opinion from another vet. The vet just shrugging off the suggestion, and not being willing to even consider it is definately not the way to be in my opinion. From what you have described it definately sounds like some form of seizure, and I don't really know if just chucking steroids at the cat is the right thing to do to be honest surely controlling the situation in the first place would be better?

xxxxx