Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
14-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #11

Re: Brushing a cat with fleas?

My preferred method was to drown the little b*ggers!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-01-2008, 08:58 PM   #12

When I had a bad case of fleas years back, besides the treatment I flea-combed. Used to try to squash them with my thumbnail but there were so many that a lot of them hopped away before I could squash them, so I got a large glass of boiling water and just popped the comb in it and killed the little varmints! It worked! Drowned (or boiled) them by the dozens!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Fabulous moggies!
14-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #13

HAHA thank you everyone xx Have just nit-combed Thomas with my hubby and we got loads out.. I can confirm that they do not survive if you drown them in a small bowl of handwash!!!!

Poor Thomas is NOT amused, he growled his way through the whole thing.. could not get to his belly though unfortunately (he can get quite vicious) so we'll just have to hope the treatment works now.

Thank you SO much once again everyone.. and I'll say it AGAIN.. what a great site this is xx

Catsey Senior

15-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #14

Yippeee big thumbs up to Stronghold, the fleas were all dead by about 11pm last night (I applied it at about 2.30pm so that was very quick), I gave them both another good comb through and got a few dead ones out, so hopefully they are completely clear now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
15-01-2008, 12:03 PM   #15

chill out. A few fleas never hurt anyone.
Right, well MrsH is correct in saying they don't have to bite the cat to die. Stronghold is good stuff & it soaks through the skin & is very effective. The fleas you've been getting out should be dead or "drousy" and therefore easier to catch. make sure you kill them as you get them off (by cracking their little bodies ) I would get some household spray too from the vets. DO NOT BUY PET SHOP / SUPERMARKET RUBBISH. You need acclaim or staykill from the vets & do the house with that.

Hopefully before you know it Bobs your uncle. One of my foster cats had a pretty gross infestation recently. A few combs & some flea TX - soon sorted.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
15-01-2008, 12:05 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
My preferred method was to drown the little b*ggers!!!

The cats with the fleas? That's pretty harsh... watch out scrabble.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH
15-01-2008, 01:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah5
Yippeee big thumbs up to Stronghold, the fleas were all dead by about 11pm last night (I applied it at about 2.30pm so that was very quick), I gave them both another good comb through and got a few dead ones out, so hopefully they are completely clear now
good news ! ! you zapped the little blighters

lots of tummy tickles for your babies

Catsey Senior

15-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #18

Thanks guys!! Just combed them through again.. Scrabble seems completely clear (although he lurrrrved the comb oooohh!) but I found a few VERY VERY drowsy fleas on Thomas - they've been drowned HAHAHAHAHA *evil laugh*

I have also got some household stuff which I got from the vets, thanks for the tip Smudgley. I know what you mean about stuff from the supermarket/pet shop, I just wouldn't bother with it.

Super dooper pleased with Stronghold, going to stick with that every single month without fail now.