Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-12-2007, 11:08 PM   #11

Re: Christmas day

Ours will be a complete change from the usual. We're away in the Cotswolds for 24/5/6/7th. I've never been away for Christmas, infact, apart from the year Dominik had chicken pox, we've always done the same thing; Polish Christmas Eve at my Mums or Aunts house; Christmas day either at home or out for a posh lunch (pre-kids I hasten to add) and Boxing day with OHs children.

With my Aunt going downhill in her care home and my Uncle deceased it is going to be a rather strange season for me. In a way, I'm glad we are going away. Not too much time to dwell on things but focus on the boys instead

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-12-2007, 11:25 PM   #12

Tradition is what you make it Yola, and your tradition is now the boys. Have a great great time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
12-12-2007, 12:13 AM   #13

I'm looking forwards to doing as little as possible on Christmas Day and eating far too much turkey and roast potatoes. The run up to Christmas and after it are going to be manic as usual

My parents live in Seaford on the South East Coast and my husband's Mum lives in Newcastle-Upon-Tyne and they all get disappointed if we don't get to see them all.

SO... 21st drive down to Seaford, stay overnight at my Mum's, also see my sister, brother in law and their 2 kids (plus bump) then drive back to Nottingham most likely the next day, possibly the Sunday. Christmas day and boxing day at home recovering, relaxing, eating and drinking, then we drive to Newcastle.

This year the Newcastle leg will hopefully be easier as we are staying 2 days and have also booked into a hotel rather than with his mum in her little flat, so we get some time alone. We will also see his sister, brother in law and their 3 kids too which just leaves me exhausted.

I say 'we' drive but it's me hehe, my husband doesn't drive so I get to do it all. Not all bad, he gets to suffer my choice of driving music which is usually heavy metal

Just can't seem to get into the christmas spirit this year, bah humbug.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
12-12-2007, 12:27 AM   #14

It's the first year since I left home that I will not be cooking Christmas lunch this year We are taking my mum out for Christmas lunch and I am very much looking forward to it!!!! Other than that the day will be the usual sort of routine, open pressies, sort the horse out, lunch, take mum home, sort the horse out again and then chill infront of the tv/pc