Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
03-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #11

Re: Daily thread - Wednesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Donna - he's been on special, prescription formula powder since January and is thriving on it - it stinks some thing horrible, but babies seem to like it! Our doc didn't recommend soya for under ones due to the hormones present in it .

However I have tested him now and then with small amounts of dairy and he does react by throwing up, so I know to avoid all type of cow-based dairy - shame because Dominik would live on cheese if he could and I'm sure Sebastian will want to eat some aswell fairly soon.

I suspect the doc will suggest trying goats milk or now that Seb's over a year old, moving him to soya or similar.

But you're right, the choice of product in the free-from section is excellent, and they do cater well for dairy allergies (blimey, with my nut allergy, OH's gluten intollerance and now Sebastian's dairy intollerance I'll be doing all my shopping in that aisle soon)
I am allergic to cats, rabbits, hay and vodka
Daughter allergic to nuts and fish
Son allergic to egg white and sensitive only now to dairy

so know how you feel Yola!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-10-2007, 04:22 PM   #12

Afternoon, all! Started out grey and overcast. not as chilly as it has been, but the clouds are breaking up now and may be a good afternoon. Still no rain in sight!!!!! September total rain - .60" !!! Just the usual here, nothing planned for the afternoon. Sorry to hear of the car/appliance breakdowns.
Grete: how did the vet visit go?
Enjoy the rest of the day........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
03-10-2007, 06:22 PM   #13

afternoon all,
damp and grey here today.
Ive only just got up slept right though my alarm at 2 so now i only have 2 hours before i have to go work again

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-10-2007, 06:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin
afternoon all,
damp and grey here today.
Ive only just got up slept right though my alarm at 2 so now i only have 2 hours before i have to go work again
You must have needed that sleep badly Erin ....... I hope work goes ok for you tonight..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
03-10-2007, 06:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
You must have needed that sleep badly Erin ....... I hope work goes ok for you tonight..
yeah i did Mags but so annoyed with myself,my day has gone,my doggies missed there afternoon run over the field and its to dark to take thm oh well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-10-2007, 07:59 PM   #16

Well been to work and come home I enjoy work everyone was really concerned I had come back while not well and have to say felt the more they were all nice the gultier I felt. Its odd isn;t it human nature.
The lads/blokes in my warehouse got me a box of Cadbury's chocolate fingers (I made an error on saying about 2 years ago I liked them and they get them when they think I am stressed ) So two boxes today and nice bunch of flowers from them I think I scared them being taken out of work last week.
But I feel fine off the weekend so only have two more days to go. And feel okay dropped a jean size with no effort - ie no dieting and still going its not being able to eat without feeling bad I don't diet.

Hope everyone is well and the people with poorly mechanical items get well soon.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
03-10-2007, 08:23 PM   #17

I'm glad you got through the day alright Kazz but please don't overdo it. You know you aren't well because you can't eat without feeling bad Not being able to eat so much is going to make you feel weak so you must be sensible about it and know when to rest.
I'll stop having a moan at you now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-10-2007, 08:42 PM   #18

I'll be fine Ta Mags.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
03-10-2007, 11:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Grete: how did the vet visit go?
It went well thanks, her weight is down again from her last check-up to 5.1 kilos which is great.

She was particularly hard to get into the box this morning, luckily my hubby was working from home today so he could help me. As usual, she yelled all the way there then went silent and refused to come out of the box in the treatment room. Ended up having to put it on the floor cos when we did manage to get her out, she tried to get back in again

She had all her boosters and her program and the Vet kindly wormed her for me.

Only bad news was she has two pointy teeth at the front that have become really badly plaqued and are sore So it's dental work for her. Annoying really since we changed her to dry only food because her teeth were getting bad on wet. Last time she was checked, the dry food had nicely cleaned them all. But these two just haven't stayed clean like the others and she might have to have them removed too.

Poor baby.

Oh and she hates me right now She runs to my hubby instead (even tho he helped stuff her in the box) and gives me glaring looks. I am evil incarnate!

BTW does anyone else have a dopey kitty after their boosters? I wonder if it's just a bit of soreness coupled with stress as I get told every time it won't make them sleepy yet Bubbles is dopey every time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
03-10-2007, 11:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
I'll be fine Ta Mags.
It's like having lots of mothers