Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
21-08-2007, 04:10 PM   #11

Re: Irresponsible breeding article.

I think some rescues do have some very stupid restrictions but in my opinion nothing can help with the growing numbers of cats in rescue than spay and neuter.
I think its a good atricle Dawn and I feel it needs to be hard hitting. Well done.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #12

Will have a read after I have eaten I have been gardening or maor replanning according to my neighbour this afternoon and off to eat now

Catsey Veteran

21-08-2007, 07:07 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
Dawn, I've skimmed through your article but I will have a good read of it properly when I get 5 mins.

I do however think that rescues who refuse to rehome through silly reasons, ie beacuse they don't want someone to have an indoor cat or because someone has dogs, or children is stupid & what happens to these people? They then go out & get a kitten from somewhere else. So the rescue might as well have let them have one in the first place.

I feel very strongly about the fact that silly reasons & excuses are used for people not to rehome a cat. Sometimes it's just a lack of understanding from the rescue people, ie some cat rescues are run by fantastic cat people, but mention the word dog & they run a mile!

just to add, you all know what I do in my spare time & I have never refused to home a cat with someone because they have animals, children, or any other reason for that matter.

If people are genuine cat lovers - who can offer a good stable home, that's fine by me.

oh & I know of one large cat charity that will soon become much more flexible nationally reagrding who they rehome to... trust me!
Is that a hint?????? of a move in the offing Smudgley?????

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #14

An excellent article Dawn, it clearly conveys the importance of neutering and spaying. The examples you have shown of what can happen is an eye-opener and should make any genuine cat lover aware of the heartbreak it can cause..
Well done!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
21-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #15

Right to the point Dawn, very good article.....

Catsey Veteran

21-08-2007, 08:05 PM   #16

Excellent article but not sure it is strong enough however if it reaches one person then, success.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
21-08-2007, 09:00 PM   #17

Thanks all, I hope it does help at least one poor mother Cat, and her potential offspring.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
21-08-2007, 09:16 PM   #18

Just looked at the refferals on my site stats, 52 visitors today, and 38 of them have come from here or Dogsey, so there are plenty looking, I hope it helps in the long run.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
21-08-2007, 09:17 PM   #19

Fingers crossed Dawn xxx

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-08-2007, 09:19 PM   #20

What a pity you can't send a copy to every vet in the country for them to pin up in their waiting room, Dawn.. I'm sure there would be several embarrassed and guilty faces there!