Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-08-2007, 08:58 PM   #11

Re: HELP! Viscious attack cat

Have you considered trying Feliway? Might help........

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Lilac point Siamese
13-08-2007, 09:09 PM   #12

No I havent thought of Feliway, but can you give it to them all the time?

Lily just bite our other cat Tanzie (which I havent introduced to you all yet, shes just a kitten ). I havent been paying attention to Lily since this morning and she (Lily) was just sitting on the chair and Tanzie jumped up on the chair and Lily turned around and hissed and hit Tanzie, then she repeatedly bit Tanzie (like 2-3 times).

I introduced the 2 cats the right way, when they first met face to face Lily absolutely LOVED Tanzie and they have been playing lots. Tanzie has been here since last Monday (so a week) and Lily had been biting before we got the kitten. And after kitten got here she started biting more.

I dont get it. Lily loves (or loved, I dont know) Tanzie and I have been being extra careful to pay more attention to Lily so she doesnt get jealous of the new kitten.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-08-2007, 09:29 PM   #13

That really does sound like a medical issue. It's rare for cats' personalities to change to SUCH and extent. I know you said her parents were similar i.e., unpredictable, but it's so unusual for a cat/domesticated animal generally to have such a radical behaviour change that I really do feel there is something underlying it.

I strongly feel you should consult your vet - providing of course s/he is of the more enlightened kind that will work with you to try and get to the root of the problem rather than simply euthanise.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
13-08-2007, 09:38 PM   #14

im so sorry to here your`ve been having problems with your cat. i really do hope you can get to the bottom of what ever is causing this.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
13-08-2007, 09:40 PM   #15

I wonder if she is jealous of Tanzie? maybe doesn't want to share you? Does she bite you too? Is it at certian times? or in certian places? (maybe when things creep up and she can't see them. Is her eyesight ok?

Catsey Junior

14-08-2007, 12:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
That really does sound like a medical issue. It's rare for cats' personalities to change to SUCH and extent. I know you said her parents were similar i.e., unpredictable, but it's so unusual for a cat/domesticated animal generally to have such a radical behaviour change that I really do feel there is something underlying it.

I strongly feel you should consult your vet - providing of course s/he is of the more enlightened kind that will work with you to try and get to the root of the problem rather than simply euthanise.
Sorry if I made it seem like everything was happeneing so suddenly. But Lily always bites my hands when I pet her too much. It was only yesterday that I started getting really concerned about it because she "attacked" (she bit me with a passion!) my hand (surprisingly she barely broke the skin) JUST for touching her feet to move them. I didnt know her temper could flare us instantly plus so intensely.

But I have some very good news on Lily. She isnt acting strange right now, she is acting perfectly normal. I kept her in the bathroom last night (instead of in my room, my bathroom is pretty big) and after meowing all night (spoiled little kitty isnt she ) she is very grateful this morning to be out with me. She purred and weaved between my legs when she first got out and since then she was sprinting around the house playing with Tanzie, and now is sitting right next to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes
I wonder if she is jealous of Tanzie? maybe doesn't want to share you? Does she bite you too? Is it at certian times? or in certian places? (maybe when things creep up and she can't see them. Is her eyesight ok?
Yes she bites me too, in fact she mostly bites me, yesterday was the very first time she actually bit another animal. Yes the certain times is when I am petting her, not really in a certain area of my house. Her eyes are good. But I think that is why Lily bit Tanzie, because the kitten crept up on her and then woke Lily up on the chair.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Fabulous moggies!
14-08-2007, 03:34 PM   #17

I'm afraid I have no advice because my older cat Thomas has always been a bit vicious unfortunately. Bit of a different scenario though as he was a rescue cat (we got him at 7 months old, he is now and he has always been the same. The vets do not help at all, I have consulted 3 different vets and they all say that it is just how he is and that some cats are simply more aggressive than others. If you touch/stroke Thomas when he doesn't want to be touched he will bite, simple as that, it is normally quite hard too.. not good when you have small children like me.

If you do get any joy from the vets or anywhere else then I would be very interested to hear it! Good luck x

Catsey Junior

15-08-2007, 12:06 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah5
I'm afraid I have no advice because my older cat Thomas has always been a bit vicious unfortunately. Bit of a different scenario though as he was a rescue cat (we got him at 7 months old, he is now and he has always been the same. The vets do not help at all, I have consulted 3 different vets and they all say that it is just how he is and that some cats are simply more aggressive than others. If you touch/stroke Thomas when he doesn't want to be touched he will bite, simple as that, it is normally quite hard too.. not good when you have small children like me.

If you do get any joy from the vets or anywhere else then I would be very interested to hear it! Good luck x
Well I am not going to be taking her to the vets anymore. I was thinking about it (if anything else happened) but decided against it. Lily is real happy now again especially since I havent been touching her where she doesnt like it. I only pat her head or pick her up and pet her head only. And Lily very much appreciates me doing this (I can tell, she gives me that look). Oh well, it is much easier than I thought it would be (not petting my cat), probably because I know it makes Lily happy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
15-08-2007, 12:13 AM   #19

I think that's all it takes sometimes, doing what your cat wants..She was just teaching you where not to stroke her I think

Used to own a cat who hated his back end being stroked, when he come to us he had a kinky tail so lord only knows had had happened.

Sometimes when Denis is tired he is like a two year old he comes in gives a low moan and then bites me, really quite hard, next minute he is fast asleep with my hand still in his mouth!!!

Catsey Junior

25-08-2007, 09:15 PM   #20

Well, I am proud to say Lily is fully back to normal and I can pet her a bunch without getting bitten, even if she doesnt like it. That said, I plan on doing what she likes and not petting her a lot or pushing her limits or anything of that sort. I dont want her to even think she has to bite to get her way.

She is very happy, so that makes me very happy too. I am especially happy because she is back to normal before this next cat show (which I signed up and payed for before she started this episode).

Just thought I would share the great news with everyone!