Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
29-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #11

Re: Fed Up - Yes Me.

Oh gosh Kazz, how on earth did you do it ??

Lets hope it wont effect your holiday x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-05-2007, 08:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I think it's quite easy Eileen! My Mum fell off the back of a tail-lift lorry (truck) when she was helping me move houe back in 1991 . . . didn't notice the tail-lift was up rather than down and just stepped back off it; she had a sore, swollen wrist for a couple of days. Thought she'd just bruised it, but then went to see the docs (she worked in a hospital), and they diagnosed a badly fractured wrist!! Easy to miss if you don't know what you're looking for I guess
I had just assumed the pain would be so intense that you'd know! Only thing I ever broke was two ribs in a fall years ago...and I knew at once that something was very wrong, as it hurt quite badly...felt as if someone was jabbing me with a knife every time I coughed (Winter time, of course, with a cold!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-05-2007, 08:23 PM   #13

Oh it hurt alright thing is I hurt my upper arm and smacked my funny bone too, so the tingling from that kinda disguised the pain I think I woke up in the night and this morning it hurt but thought again from the bruise on my arm. But today at work I reached for the phone and the pain was bad but eased off afterwards, but enough to make me pop the Doctors who sent me straight to the hospital.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

29-05-2007, 08:26 PM   #14

I actually did it at work I moved something it bounced up and smacked the back of my arm causing me to smack my hand into the floor or pallets (wooden ones) which were stacked as I havea splinter in the palm of my hand I think I hit the pallets or something on the floor.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-05-2007, 08:45 PM   #15

How awful! Hope they've given you some painkillers! How long is an arm usually casted?

Catsey Veteran

29-05-2007, 08:47 PM   #16

Lord knows Eileen I know though if its more than 3 weeks my holiday has gone for a Burton so it won't really matter. Soz a bit fed up now.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Sadly missed ginger tab
29-05-2007, 09:53 PM   #17

That sounds extremely painful,
Sorry to hear about your hols, I would be just as ticked off as you

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
29-05-2007, 10:13 PM   #18

Awww Kazz I'm so sorry hun these things always crop up at the wrong times don't they? Well not that there ever is a right time but you know what I mean! I really hope you will still be able to go on your holiday.

Give the kitties a big snuggle! That will cheer you up a bit it did for me when I fractured my knee in feb. Lots of cuddes and kisses from the fluffies!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
29-05-2007, 10:14 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
How awful! Hope they've given you some painkillers! How long is an arm usually casted?
not sure how long it is for an arm, but when I fractured my knee I was in cast for 5 weeks after my op really hope its not that long for Kazz!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #20

So sorry Karen xxx Can you not re-schedule your holidays?