Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
28-05-2007, 09:54 PM   #11

Re: Guinness Poorly Again

Jane, I have everything crossed for a speedy recovery for Guinness {{{Hugs}}} x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
28-05-2007, 09:59 PM   #12

Hope he makes a speedy recovery and is home really really soon.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 3 moggies
28-05-2007, 10:23 PM   #13

I hope Guiness gets well soon too. He's in the best place, try to keep your hopes high. I've been through similar with one of mine (Sammy) and he has recovered.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
29-05-2007, 12:15 PM   #14

Hi thanks for all your kind thoughts. Guinness is still on a drip and cathiterised and will be staying into today phoning up this afternoon to see how he is. Simon having exactly the same condition i cant understand why Guinness has got the same since his bout of cystitas we have changed all there diets i keep thinking why us and its not fair. Kay is looking fir him as she sleeps cuddled up to him at night and even kado and simon are quiet too.

jane

Catsey Junior

29-05-2007, 01:19 PM   #15

Hi Jane,

Sammy started suffering from cystitus last november and it carried on until Feb this year. He was in so much pain, peeing blood or just not peeing, I was lucky to have a vet that was determined to cure him. He's an indoor cat and had become a little over weight, the vet said that contributed. He also was a pathetic drinker, I now have various drinking bowls, glasses and a water fountain to get him to drink, he likes to drink from the tap in the bath too, he has a nervous disposition so if he was stressed it flared up again. Every time we thought it had gone it came back with avengence. He had to have a cathatar too, I know how upseting it is to see them in so much distress. Because we were constantly medicating his food he stopped eatting and lost a kilo.. too much for a cat his size, the vet also check if he was diabetic because cystitus re-accurs when they are. In the end we gave him liquid antibotic and sedative for 10 days and started adding water to his food and give him the neutered Hills cat biscuits and touch wood he has been ok. The vet was helpful enough to say if it ever flared up again just to order the drugs and pick them up because taking him to the vet stresses him too much.

I really hope you get good news this afternoon, hope you find some use from my experience. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
29-05-2007, 02:21 PM   #16

I didnt know that re-accurence of cystitus can cause diabetias. I will ask the vet to check that out.

jane

Catsey Junior

29-05-2007, 02:58 PM   #17

It doesn't cause it but it can be a problem with a cat who is diabetic. Because of the extra insulin in the system creates yeast infections etc, it's apparently common in middle aged and upwards cats. It's definately something to look at.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #18

I have everything crossed here for Guinness x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
29-05-2007, 03:46 PM   #19

Everything crossed here as well. I hope you get him back soon. ((((()))) Hugs!!!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
29-05-2007, 03:52 PM   #20

Get well soon Guiness!.....