Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-05-2007, 07:00 PM   #11

Re: Beam me up

I remember Betamax video's ugly big things, the competition between those and VHS -and the first mass produced mobile phones massive great things....
when I started work there were hardly to no computers we had a microfisch (anyone recall those)
I also recall being over the moon to receive an electric typewritter as a main Christmas present....I was about 12/13 or so....

Yes medical advances remember the first test tube baby Louise Brown, yet now we think nothing of IVF and the like.

I recall my sister goinginto hospital for her appendix out she was about 10 and she was in for about 10-14 days now she would be lucky to be in 12-14 hours...amazing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-05-2007, 07:22 PM   #12

Re: Beam me up

How about sonic showers,thinkof the water saving. Maybe the same with washing machines?

Or maybe holodecks where you actually programme a place/world/planet/people into a computer and it generates a programme but it is interactive you can enter the world, so a room becomes a world/place/house etc...interesting thought eh? Bit like a giant computer interactive game.