Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-04-2007, 03:35 PM   #11

Re: Daily Thread / Tuesday

Afternoon all , its been roasting here all morning, bit windy now, but still 18... Been weeding this morning and cutting down the pampas grass.....Have a good evening all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-04-2007, 03:44 PM   #12

The rain has stopped, prior to returning later tonight apparently. I have a monster removal van parked outside the window and a strange eerie yelow glow in the room! It's very dark! It all appears to be going well - they don't need any neighbourly assistance as they are only moving round the corner (they must like it here but not like living next to us )
Bentley is desperate to get out but I'm not letting him with all the upheaval next door - don't want him stowing away in a pantechnicon (wonder if that's the correct spelling; not a word I've ever written before! )
Dentist went fine - nothing required but I am getting my teeth whitened! Costs an arm and a leg but hey - cheaper than a facelift and nice teeth make your face look brighter. I'll have to learn to drink red wine through a straw to prevent them darkening again
Hope Domino is having a good journey to Sweet. She'll be like the old lady who lived in a shoe soon - but with cats

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-04-2007, 04:21 PM   #13

DM, glad all went well at the dentist; and good for you having your teeth whitened! Sure you'll love the results! Cloudy here but still mild; no jacket needed on my trip to the market. Leia's on the porch enjoying the warmer weather; I'm off to feed Onyx her lunch and then fix mine! Have a nice afternoon, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-04-2007, 09:44 PM   #14

Yes DM (UK) - one of the girls in my office had her teeth whitened. It really does make a difference, I'll be wearing my shades when looking to the south!

I've been in the office all day but am again feeling jittery and on edge. Almost as if something's going to happen. Hence don't feel very chatty which, along with being very busy, has kept me from here as I'm a bit of a grouch at the mo.

DM (US) - to answer your question from yesterday, the tomatoes are 'tumbling toms' which are a shrub variety suitable for container growing (which is all my small garden will support). Domi watered them to within an inch of their tiny lives yesterday . . . he's SO keen to see them grow

Had a terrible fright today when Domi tripped over and hit his brow on the edge of a concrete step in the utility room. He as a HUGE bump between his eyebrows and a massive graze/cut. Bless him, he didn't cry any more than if he'd had a scratched knee. We will be watching him for unwanted symptoms, but he seems OK at the moment.

Luise is being an angel at the moment, I don't think I could ask for a better au pair!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
24-04-2007, 09:51 PM   #15

aww poor Domi! Hope he's okay, just keep a very close eye on him. When mine do things like that I usually give them a shake about an hour or so after they go to bed to see how quickly they rouse, but obviously that depends on whether your child will go straight back to sleep or not before you do something like that lol! ((hugs))

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-04-2007, 09:55 PM   #16

I hope Domi will be alright, Yola .......... it's awful when they fall and crack their head ....witchhazel is supposed to be good for bumps and bruises.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-04-2007, 09:55 PM   #17

Oh poor Domi! Hope he's OK, please give him a hug from me!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-04-2007, 10:03 PM   #18

Poor little man, hugs from me too...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
24-04-2007, 10:04 PM   #19

aww poor thing hugs from me too ((((hugs))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
24-04-2007, 10:27 PM   #20

Awwww poor Domi Sounds like he was a brave boy about it all. Hope that he will be alright after his fall. I agree with Alex, I always used to make sure I could wake mine from sleep if they ever did anything like that {{{Big hugs to him}}}