Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
29-03-2007, 02:54 PM   #11

Re: My Bad Dream :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Don't know if this link is any good? http://mysticfamiliar.com/library/dr...s/dreams_c.htm
I think dreams are interesting but don't necessarily have to mean anything. Are you sure you're not having the dream because you had it once as a random event, it frightened you and now it's on your mind it's coming back again.
I think a lot of dreaming is to do with our brain 'tidying up' after a day's work, putting events into 'filing cabinets' and sometimes we get little snatches of the work entering our sleeping consciousness - does that make sense? Doubt it!
thanks dm ill go and have a look at that site now.
what you said makes perfect sense.the first couple of times i had this dream it didnt really bother me to be honest,i just went straight back to sleep after,but its freaking me out now that im having the same dream everynight and last night it was worse!!!!!!
lol its a good job im working a night tonight otherwise the man in my dream may get me tonight if i was to be sleeping!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
29-03-2007, 06:37 PM   #12

ok girls ive had a reply,still not sure it makes any sense to me,looks like im going to have to look a little deeper into it! -

Liberated Spirit
Liberated Spirit

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, ok, ... I'll give it a go.

You are beginning to tread another path, but your progress down it has been hampered by feeling as tho things from your past are following you. I feel this is not an event, but idea's ingrained in you, quite probably coming from your father's or your families influence, that you are struggling with letting go of. You want it to be ok to identify with your own idea's and feel that they will be accepted, both by yourself and others, and this is something that takes time to process through your own mind before you can allow them to have their full expression.

You are actually on the verge of the break through with being able to feel free to follow your own idea's, but there is still, for now, that 'omg' thing going on, that causes you to when facing it, hesitate and question your thoughts instead of running with them and accepting them as ok to have. So what do you do, retreat back in to the familiarity, or push forward ??? You're looking, but you're spinning around in circles right now.

Everything is a progression, and sometimes doing that can be scary, but in time this dream will be a distant memory.

Hope that made sense for you.

Nat xxx

interesting i thought!!!!!!
erin

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-03-2007, 08:03 PM   #13

I agree with DM, the mind is sorting things out. Being chased dreams are fairly common; I believe; I frequently have bad dreams about getting on the wrong bus or subway and not being to get off until I'm lost somewhere strange...and have people from different periods in my life who never knew one another appear together in a dream. I don't pay any attention to them...just random things floating up from my subconscious and the brain tries to make a narrative out of them...the brain likes order ....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
02-04-2007, 01:06 PM   #14

we have all different types of dreams - some are just meaningless our brain sorting through and filing all the rubbish of the day, some are premonitions and some are trying to give us a message to help sort us out in some way.

I don't know who ed is to you so not sure what to say about that but the main theme of your dream is being chased. This is one of the really common recurring dreams along with teeth falling out, being naked etc,

At the basic level being chased in a dream normally is representative of how we are responding to anxiety and pressure in real life. It can mean instead of confronting your fears and problems you can have a tendency to ignore them or run away from them.

When you next dream the same scenario try confronting the "attacker" and ask them why are they chasing you and try not be afraid of your dream - it is only happening because your brain is trying to sort your life and feelings out.

Also the feeling of running and not going anywhere is nothing to fear - they think this happens in dreams because we start to become conscious before our body is fully awakened and is still in the paralysis mode - so easier to say than do but never be afraid of your dreams they are there to help you.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Oli sitter!!
Tom_J is Male
04-04-2007, 11:12 AM   #15

ive noticed that sometimes dreams tell you something thats going to happen to you (probabley makes you feel worried now)but i have also noticed that it could happen to someone else/people in the world.

this might sound weird but ive had the experience a bit like the same you had someone following me i saw the news the next day it said a girl had been followed.

dontknow if it is anything it might have just been a fluke but there you go