Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #11

Re: Daily Thread / Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Fingers crossed for a quick recovery for your mum Fran, and an easy adjustment to life with diverticulitis. Am I right in thinking she will have to watch/change her diet?
Yes she most likely will need to make a few changes to her diet and I personally think she needs to drink more, she has never been one for taking much by way of fluids

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #12

Off now to visit MIldred's breeder - chat later

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
25-02-2007, 03:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Yes she most likely will need to make a few changes to her diet and I personally think she needs to drink more, she has never been one for taking much by way of fluids
My OH has suffered from Diverticulitis for years Fran. He has changed his diet completely - he now eats plenty of fruit and veg, drinks loads of water a day and is careful that he doesn't eat any spicy food which can set on an attack. He gets attacks of it every now and again, then he will take Acidophilus capsules, which is a Pro-biotic which seem to ease it...

Glad to hear your Mum is home Fran....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
25-02-2007, 04:31 PM   #14

Afternoon everyone,

Glad to hear your mum is home Fran, and sorry to hear that Teddie is unwel again.

Pottering about today - housework, washing, grocery shopping - the usual!!

Had to buy Sean a new winter coat today which I did not expect to buy. Another £50 gone!

The ex doesnt think he has to pay for his kids - but Sean persuaded him to buy him a coat - and he came home from the shops with a cheap nasty ladies coat (Sean didnt realise)!!!! I was so angry!!! Took him straight back out to get a proper coat. The ex was obviously trying to spend the least amount of money as possible, and didnt look properly - just saw the reduced sticker.

Well, at least Sean can go to school tomorrow in a decent warm boys coat.

Hope you are all having a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-02-2007, 04:53 PM   #15

Fran, glad your mum's home; Alex, distressing Teddie news, will reply in other thread. It's snowing! Starting to stick; have been out to get the Sunday papers and spread ice-melt on the steps and sidewalk. Don't know if Onyx will come in the snow for lunch, but will go out and call her...I hate being stuck indoors when I'd rather be out shopping....! The meterologists are hedging now as to whether the snow will turn to ice or rain; hopefully all rain!

Catsey Veteran

25-02-2007, 05:26 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
he now eats plenty of fruit and veg, drinks loads of water a day and is careful that he doesn't eat any spicy food which can set on an attack.
Mum eats a very healthy diet tbh, she has loads of fruit and veg and dislikes spicy foods. She doesn't drink enough though imo