Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-02-2007, 09:01 PM   #11

Re: Managed on for a bit.

Jac, glad to hear the good news about the mammogram!!! That's really annoying about problems with the house; hope you'll be able to get them sorted; hang in there, things are getting better..!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
05-02-2007, 10:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebubs
Oh dear Jac - sounds like quite a drama.

I know that things are slightly different in Scotland, but I'm a property lawyer here in England (a licensed conveyancer) and am happy to have a chat with you if you need me!!!

"Buyer Beware" is generally the principle that applies, but if you have had a survey and searches undertaken then you should be able to rely on those and have some come-back. Particularly on your surveyor. Did you have a Homebuyers Report or just a Valuation Survey? The cracked windows and damp should have certainly been noted in either case.

Fingers crossed you get it all sorted and get in there soon.

Hugs to you (((( ))))

Depends on the survey - and surveyors cover their backsides so much these days - we get reports back saying

"couldnt access the loft so not inspected", "couldnt lift carpets so couldnt test for rotten floorboards" "you should get elecs and gas checked as not qualified to test"... no help at all!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-02-2007, 11:08 PM   #13

Disheartening, isn't it? I read a column in the Real Estate section of the Post every week, and there are numerous complaints about things the inspection missed that they insist they are not responsible for,,,happens on both sides of the Pond....