Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-01-2007, 07:40 PM   #11

Re: National hunt racing pics.

Now you know thats somethng I've never done gone racing may try it where would you suggest for a beginner like me although may take Mom and Dad always looking for somewhere different to take them - and they both like racing on the telly but nt sure if they've ever been my Uncle is a gambler used to win on the horses - believe he is well known or used to be.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-01-2007, 09:15 PM   #12

I've only been to one horse racing meet in my life. It was in Windsor and part of a 'jolly' with the advertising agency I worked for. I'd love to go to a serious meeting.

Dawn - do you pan whilst shooting with a digital camera? It was one of the things I was taught at art school with a convential SLR but not sure if it can be done with a digital one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
01-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #13

There are a lot of local tracks Kazz, maybe try an evening meeting at Wolverhampton, its lovely there now, take in a meal too, its quite reasonable. Wolverhampton is flat racing on an all weather track, its national hunt season at present, so most flat racing is on all weather. national hunt tracks local are Warwick, Ludlow, Uttoxeter, cheltenham isnt far either!

Hi Yola.
Yes you can do panning exactly the same with a digital SLR.
Dawn.