Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
28-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #11

Re: Lets reflect on 2006

Well where do I start. Haha

Lost my two babies C-Fur and Purrdie
My tortoise was eaten by Kiazer
went through hell with stepsons.
Gave up wellfare as it was takeing over my life and family were resenting the time I gave to it.
Sold the house, split with OH
Had to farm out my animals

Now the good bits
Visited Moli, short but good visit.
Sorted out problems with OH
Got back together, got engaged
Have another house, ready to move in end of Jan or begining of Feb.
Feeling great about things.

Sometimes you have to hit the bottom to get back up again!!!!! Yipee roll on 2007 will be getting married!!!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2,black domestic,s male,s
wooly wonka is Male
28-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #12

from my heart , life is a strange place filled with outstanding discoveries , we all get a chance in life ? when it comes along grab it with both hand's and hold on for dear life as tomorrow is another day ... i am truly blessed because i have found new friends , and my future is bright in your hand's sleep well tonight and wake tomorrow with a full heart , in the knowledge that you are not alone ,,, thank you for knowing me Ian ...........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-12-2006, 11:05 PM   #13

that is a very nice post Ian, you are most welcome here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
28-12-2006, 11:08 PM   #14

Hmmn it;'s been bitter sweet, with highs and lows..
Bad:
Struggled for many months with Elsa and her behaviour problems..wasn't a nice situation..
had to finaly five in that fight for her well being and rehome her..
Lost my dear old Polly not too long afterwards, think it was a matter of weeks if i recall..
Lost various small furries..
Had a few siginifican family deaths..
Had bits n pieces happen here and there that have complicated matters..

The good:
Well I have to assure myself this is good, adding Ralph to the gang!
Adding Bella to the gang.
Growing closer to certain family members
The lovely hot summer
And in general-becoming who I am moreso now than ever before.

Onwards And Upwards!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-12-2006, 11:18 AM   #15

A bittersweet year - the first year without my dear old black cat Lucky after 18 wonderful years together. She was my soulmate and I miss her terribly still. On the upside I now have 3 beautiful kittens and we had two gorgeous litters of healthy puppies. We have kept one of those puppies and called her Ruby. I also lost my favourite rabbit this year, having to make the decision to have him pts due to renal failure We had to relocate our horse due to the sale of the livery yard he was at and he is now in a much better existence and living out his retirement to the full On the downside, I miss riding him terribly and in a strange way I think that he misses it too. We made the decision to rehome Tikka, one of our dogs as she did not get along with the puppy we kept and wasn't fond of the kittens, she now has the lovely quiet life she craved with a lovely older vicar and his wife and their long haired German Shepherd dog who was craving a friend after the loss of their old labrador.
It's been a good year health wise for the family on the whole but one of my friends has been diagnosed with Leukaemia and has been very poorly lately and just before Christmas, a friend died of an aggresive bowel cancer which came on and progressed very suddenly
All in all a bittersweet year...