Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
29-12-2006, 12:28 PM   #11

Re: A Dreadfull Accident

Very sad x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
29-12-2006, 03:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Oh Kim I'm so sorry. I didnt know.
Jac, it's fine, was a few years ago now. She lived for 18 months after the accident, but it left her extremely brain damaged and disabled and she was never able to live at home again and eventually died of pneumonia. I feel I had 2 mums; the one before and the one after the accident as she couldn't walk or talk after it. However, I still feel blessed & grateful that I had such a wonderful mum. Sorry, didn't mean to intrude on your thread, it just gets to me sometimes. How is your friend feeling now?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
29-12-2006, 03:41 PM   #13

Kim, You didnt intrude on the thread, that's what it's all about. If you want to talk about something thats fine.
I understand about your mum. Some things bring back memories. When I was posting this I was thinking about my friend to be honest. She was out with her hubby and fell in the street. She never recovered, if she had she would have had no quality of life. She damaged her brain stem. It was her funeral in Sept.

Back to the original post ha we do diverse dont we!!! The girl is getting out of hospital tomorrow. She's a friend of a friend. Seemilgly she's doing much better.

Catsey Veteran

29-12-2006, 03:53 PM   #14

Thanks Jac, yes I remember you saying she was a friend of a friend. Pleased to hear she is coming out of hospital.

How sad about your other friend, what a freak accident. To be honest my mum had no quality of life after her accident, but we willed her to live after she had major brain surgery following the accident. No matter what there are always so many 'if's & but's'. Mum's accident was on a Good Friday and we were staying with mum & dad. I heard her fall and gave her emergency first-aid. My daughter was coming down the stairs with her. My poor dad was in a terrible state. Bless him, he died of a massive heart attack a year after her accident, I think the strain was just too much. Mum had her surgery at the London Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, there was a few programmes on the TV recently about the hospital, did anyone see it? That brought back floods of memories. Yes, Jac we do divert don't we?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
29-12-2006, 03:59 PM   #15

Kim I'm so sorry. It must have been terrible for all of you. Your daughter must have felt really bad.
((((((((((((())))))))) Hugs.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2,black domestic,s male,s
wooly wonka is Male
29-12-2006, 06:32 PM   #16

jac, I am so sorry for your friends loss, and the injury she sustain from this terrible accident. her sad loss is a reminder to us all we have a great responsibility to our animals- and each other . i hope the feelings from all of us reaches out to your friend? and that kitty is happy at the bridge in its new life ...so sorry regards sooty sweep Ian ........

Catsey Veteran

29-12-2006, 07:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
Kim I'm so sorry. It must have been terrible for all of you. Your daughter must have felt really bad.
((((((((((((())))))))) Hugs.
Thanks Jac. Yes Rachel felt terrible and had to have counselling for a while. It was a very difficult time for all of us, but behind us now. I am lucky to have a great brother and sister and we all supported each other.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
29-12-2006, 08:19 PM   #18

Oh Jac, what an awful thing to happen I really hope that your friend's back recovers and that she manages to get over this.

Kim, I am so sorry to hear about your mum's accident and the knock on effect it caused; the subsequent death of your dad and your daughter needing councilling, I'm pleased that you have a supportive family and that you have all come out of this well at the other side. {{{Hugs}}}

Catsey Veteran

29-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Kim, I am so sorry to hear about your mum's accident and the knock on effect it caused; the subsequent death of your dad and your daughter needing councilling, I'm pleased that you have a supportive family and that you have all come out of this well at the other side. {{{Hugs}}}
Thanks Fran. I feel I have taken over this thread somewhat, I am sorry. Some things just bring it all back and therefore the need to 'talk' sometimes. I am sure some of you already know what happened as I have mentioned it before.