Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-12-2006, 02:34 AM   #11

Re: Camera's - help please

Thanks much, Tom! I am very tempted to order this; reasonable price; hope it comes with very clear instructions as to how to upload to the computer...if I get it, forsee I may be bothering you with questions....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
27-12-2006, 10:07 AM   #12

Eileen I'm a total muppet with cameras.
All I do is, I get it out the case, turn on & snap! The quality of the pictures is always very good. Mine is a few years old now so slightly different to the model Toms posted but basically the same.
To load the photos I get the cable and plug one end into the PC, other into the camera. Press ok & bravo.
I have been very pleased with mine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
27-12-2006, 10:38 AM   #13

Karen I have a Nikon Coolpix L3 and I think it is a great camera, got mine for about £100

Catsey Veteran

27-12-2006, 10:42 AM   #14

L2 & L3 must be the updated version of the old 2100 & 3100.
Can't remember how much mine was

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-12-2006, 06:45 PM   #15

That sound great but hardly any different to what I have so may look at a SLR???? is it even if it means waiting and saving up - don't do credit or credit cards

Mine at the moment is a Olympus (don't know which one) takes an XD card. 3 x Optical zoom, and digital zoom which I don't use it seems to blurr the pictures.

So I may have to reconsider that Coolpix sound like a great camera Dm, gofor it downloading is easy a cable comes you plug into the back of the computer (I leave mine in) then the other end you plug into the camera and on my camera screen/viewfinder a little box pops up and says "do you wnat to download to somewhere" I click okay and off it goes on its merry way downloading my pictures.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
27-12-2006, 06:54 PM   #16

It depends what type of photography you wnat Kazz. A DSLR is a better camera because you can change lenses etc and do more things. They have manual settings to enable more range etc. than a compact which have preset settings. You cant alter the shutter speed on a compact, meaning a photograph taken at speed will often be blurred, not always of course but for the most part from what I have seen, the quality is nowhere near as good. With a DSLR you have such a wide variety of choice, yes more expensive and the lenses are too, but so much more choice. I wouldnt change for the world now. Downside, no video mode, bigger and you will need to carry a camera bag. Here are a couple I took that I know I couldnt reproduce to the same effect with a compact.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-12-2006, 07:08 PM   #17

Hiya

Dawn thats it, thats the quality I am looking for.
Does the the D in front stand for Digital? see thats really what I want good pictures don't mind the camera bag at all.

What sort of price range are we talking and is 2nd hand an option? I assume the better the camera the more expensive but by the same tokendon't want to go OTT.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

27-12-2006, 07:20 PM   #18

The 2 poodles look like a "spot the difference" competition

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-12-2006, 07:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
The 2 poodles look like a "spot the difference" competition
1) One has got teeth and the other hasn't !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
27-12-2006, 08:42 PM   #20

You mad lot!! They are brothers though!

When I bought my camera Kazz it hadnt long been out, with the memory card (compact flash card) it came to just under £700. Now though, you can get the same for around £450. Canon have just bought out a new camera, the 400D, the next one up from mine (and Fran has this one) its around £100 more. Second hand, yes by all means, but get hands on first, you can have a play with my camera any time, its the smallest SLR on the market too, much better than the bigger ones I didnt like.
Dawn.