Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
20-12-2006, 02:31 PM   #11

Re: Just in time for Christmas, eh?

Awwww congratulations to you Snoof, and Sashimi!!! Glad things are going well and wishing you luck for the rest of the day x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-12-2006, 02:44 PM   #12

Oh my gosh how exciting (one for each kitten . . . so far)!!

Congrats Snoof and Sashimi

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
20-12-2006, 02:56 PM   #13

Thanks, Donna and Yola

It seems she's going to stick with four - she looks a bit awkward, only when she's standing up (I'm stuck - she follows me to the loo and everything) can you tell she's no longer pregnant. I figure because her skin hasn't gone back yet and she's carrying some extra.

I haven't sexed the babies yet, but I'll do so shortly so I can have them sexed before they get all fluffy and impossible.

Currently (they're drying rapidly now) it looks like two all-black babies (one boy and one girl) and two black-and-whites (unsexed atm). But it's a bit rough figuring out who's who when they're all the same colour, largely, and doing that kitteny "We must all sit on each other's heads" thing!

My camera is being absolutely impossible, so I've still not taken any pictures, but Sashimi is doing absolutely wonderfully and the kittens are all nursing except for one who seems to've decided to cuddle in her armpit and fall asleep instead.

We're probably going to keep the one whose cord I had to cut, so I'll have to find out if it's a boy or a girl! That one dragged its placenta 8 inches along the floor to get near its mum - she was exhausted at that point because 1, 2 and 3 came very close together and 1 and 2 needed nursing because she'd only had a few fleeting moments during which they tried (and, mostly, failed) to locate a nipple each.

What a fighter eh? Cheeky little monkey, too. That's one of the black-and-whites, with the cutest white toes I've ever seen, and that's saying something because Sashimi has white toes and they're very adorable indeed

I think I best get organising! What little madam gives birth under the Christmas tree, eh?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
20-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #14

Oh what a lovely story Snoof!! Congratulations on your new arrivals!!!
Just a thought, but if they're still wet won't they be getting cold? They can't regulate their own body temperatures yet, so you'll need to make sure they're dry and warm. I'm sure you know that tho!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy
20-12-2006, 03:09 PM   #15

What little madam gives birth under the Christmas tree, eh?

Well she obviously thought that you needed another present under the tree snoof, congratulations agian. xxxx

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
20-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #16

Oh what a lovely story - Christmas kittens! Im glad mum and kittens are doing well.

It sounds like an experience that everyone should have (being around when kittens are being born!)

Catsey Veteran

20-12-2006, 03:14 PM   #17

They've been kept warm, Charlie, no worries. They've also dried now, and I apparently got confused in the pile of soggy kittens earlier - looks like 3 black ones, one black-and-white.

They're adorable, and Sashimi looks so contented! They're a right happy family

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
20-12-2006, 03:16 PM   #18

Ahhhhh - that's fantastic!!!!! We def want pics as soon as you get that camera working!!!! lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
20-12-2006, 03:33 PM   #19

You should call them Christmas names as they were born near Christmas under the tree....

Star, Angel, etc etc!!!

Catsey Veteran

20-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #20

I'm huffing and puffing here, I turned up the heating in the morning so the house would be nice and warm, but I prefer things cool(ish) myself and I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off all day!

But I posted two pictures in the Pictures section. All I could get before the camera started messing me about, but it'll have to do for now (even though you can't see the little black and white one in either of them!).