Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
24-11-2006, 01:44 PM   #11

Re: Ferral Rescue

Are you anywhere near Leeds RAch?
Good on you for wanting to help - like Smudgely, I knew I couldn't afford to do it by myself, so I volunteered for CP, but only did a short stint with them, I now foster for Cat77, and am a lot happier - I no longer just have one foster at a time, get more say so on who I take and I also fundraise and deal with some enquiries too - this year has been the biggest for me realising the extent of things, and I have been fostering for 2.5 years now. I have a spare room which has been converted, and some of my fosters are integrated. It is very important to realise how many you can handle though, I have been a bit over my head at times, so quickly learnt what my limit was - the only prob is when you have learnt by being over it, you are snookered till someone goes!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: common british cats
24-11-2006, 04:00 PM   #12

i am about a 1 1/2 hr drive away and unfortunately dont drive, i am in bridlington, east yorkshire and know how long leedsis away from us cos thats where i was born and brought up till i moved here.
why do you ask????

Almost a Veteran Member

24-11-2006, 04:31 PM   #13

I only ask cos there is a Cat Action Trust branch there, and they deal with ferals, so you could have had some support.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: common british cats
24-11-2006, 05:46 PM   #14

oh,
i do you think they may accept me?? i know im a fair way away, but do you think its worth a try??

Almost a Veteran Member

25-11-2006, 09:07 AM   #15

Anything is worth a go Rach.