Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
21-11-2006, 10:18 AM   #11

Re: Disgusting kitten!

Couldnt read anymore once you said you were shooting rabbits.

I love rabbits and think it is not right.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
21-11-2006, 11:30 AM   #12

My apologies to those who felt icky-seeing it wasn't too nice either! I have gross fears of when bella starts hunting..she is so after everything i dread to think what its going to be like between her n clem
Donna-I love rabbits too, have had many for aslong as i can remember, however i see a big difference between my domestic buns that i coo and quaffer over that live in my garden and get treated like babies, as have any previous buns too-and the ones out in the field. The rabbits shot sunday weren;t infected with mxy, according to the uncle, but for those who are-its not a life to lead, and in my eyes i would rather shoot them, use the terriers, or ferrets etc etc than resort to relying on mxy to control their numbers as was done some years ago and for this, the price is still heavily being paid. I see wild rabbits n domestics totally different-same as with rats, mice etc.
Sorry to digress.

Catsey Veteran

21-11-2006, 12:16 PM   #13

I see shooting a rabbit the same as shooting a bird or a deer or otter or any other wild animal. Or even as far as any other animal - say cat or dog.

I dont like dogs and would love to not have to have them in my life - but I would be in serious trouble if I went around shooting any one I saw just cos I dont like them.

Anyway, dont want to ruin your thread so will make my exit!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
21-11-2006, 12:20 PM   #14

Doesn't bother me at all, hubby and I went Foxhunting a few times in the days when we both had a horse. Hubby has also helped 'dress' game as he has friends who shoot.

Seeing a cat play with a mice before it dies upsets me more tbh

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
21-11-2006, 12:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Doesn't bother me at all, hubby and I went Foxhunting a few times in the days when we both had a horse. Hubby has also helped 'dress' game as he has friends who shoot.

Seeing a cat play with a mice before it dies upsets me more tbh
I'm the same Fran...have a stomach stronger than iron, squeemishness has never been an issue etc-but it makes my teeth itch when they start to torment their pray!

Catsey Veteran

21-11-2006, 12:29 PM   #16

I not squeamish. Well I am - but not an issue of being squeamish in this issue. I think it is wrong to shoot rabbits for enjoyment.

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
21-11-2006, 12:35 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
I not squeamish. Well I am - but not an issue of being squeamish in this issue. I think it is wrong to shoot rabbits for enjoyment.
Err-shooting for enjoyment? They are shot as they are a pest on private land, sometimes they are eaten by people, sometimes not..i still prefer the idea of shooting etc to trapping them-anyway. Wild rabbits are a pest/vermin, simple. Domestic Rabbits are not, domestic rabbits are pets-you can not compare the two. I actually like wild rabbits, think they are most beutiful creatures but they do need to be controlled as without...god it doesn't bear thinking about! Again, shooting/using dogs/ferreting etc..all a lot quicker, and in my eyes, more humane than trapping/gassing/checmical control (okay it may have been some eyars ago mixy was introduced but it still holds a great affect!) i really am digressing on this thread.
ETA

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
22-11-2006, 08:03 PM   #18

I shoot Donna, and I own and have always owned Rabbits. Rabbits are a real nuisance, they breed like, well you know what. They also do incredible damage. The need to control them is huge. There is nothing wrong with shooting an animal cleanly and correctly in its wild and natural environment, having lived a normal life up untill then. Its the ones that dont that concern me!
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Luke is Male
22-11-2006, 08:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
I shoot Donna, and I own and have always owned Rabbits. Rabbits are a real nuisance, they breed like, well you know what. They also do incredible damage. The need to control them is huge. There is nothing wrong with shooting an animal cleanly and correctly in its wild and natural environment, having lived a normal life up untill then. Its the ones that dont that concern me!
Dawn.
It's an extra worry for the aunt and uncle as the rabbits have started to make holes/warrens etc on this piece of land (it's quite a large piece) and if one of the horses were to fall into the hole/foot slip in etc etc-it really doesn't bear thinking about!
They had a similar problem a fair few years back, different land, with mole hills too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Dawn.
My sentiments exactly, Dawn! Well said!