Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
05-11-2006, 07:50 PM   #11

Re: Daily Shred/Thread ~ Sunday

Its been lovely here also, took my friend shopping at The Mall, nice leisurely day for us both.

Another night of the cats wanting to go out and wondering why Mummy says "no" - will let them out very late when all the noise has gone x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
05-11-2006, 08:15 PM   #12

Had a fab time up my Inlaws.

After lunch we had a nice long walk with the kids and their dog. The kids and their grandad were kicking and throwing leaves at each other, it was great

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #13

Lovely weather here also, sunny, and crisp. To the market. just lolling around with the Sunday papers and crossword. have a good evening, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-11-2006, 10:48 PM   #14

Evening all, has an awful 3 nights! My Gypsy has been really bad with the fireworks, she kept being sick tonight, and I was going to call the vets, but managed to settle her down, between her and my neighbour, been a pretty bad couple of days...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-11-2006, 10:53 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Evening all, has an awful 3 nights! My Gypsy has been really bad with the fireworks, she kept being sick tonight, and I was going to call the vets, but managed to settle her down, between her and my neighbour, been a pretty bad couple of days...
have you ever used tranquillisers Moli? We had a dog who was just a quivering wreck every November 5 and we just gave up trying to cope and turned to the drugs! He took his valium, as prescribed by the vet, and didn't know, or care, if it was Christmas or Easter.
Much less stressful all round, once we got used to him being spark out and snoring!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-11-2006, 10:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
have you ever used tranquillisers Moli? We had a dog who was just a quivering wreck every November 5 and we just gave up trying to cope and turned to the drugs! He took his valium, as prescribed by the vet, and didn't know, or care, if it was Christmas or Easter.
Much less stressful all round, once we got used to him being spark out and snoring!
I have Serene-um, which is a natural supplement, which seem to be working, but tonight they didn't seem to work as well , she just got really stressed out...Think I will have to resort to valium, she managed to smash a huge ceramic plant pot, and was literally climbing the walls.....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-11-2006, 11:01 PM   #17

Poor Gypsy ........ something should be done about these loud fireworks, the powers to be know that 1000's of animals get really stressed out at this time of the year.....

Let's hope it eases off a bit tomorrow Moli....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
06-11-2006, 10:35 AM   #18

Or you could look at the desensitising CD - it's supposed to work but I'm a bit sceptical. Anyway, you could start that straight away and be prepared for New year and then next firework season
http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.a...d=4&pf_id=4335
Good luck - poor Gypsy!