Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
16-10-2006, 09:49 PM   #11

Re: Madonna what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Yeap caught that seems her parents have split up and neither is alble to offer the facilities of care to her so she stays in hospital.
so sad, and after all that fighting for her to live.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-10-2006, 10:01 PM   #12

The stress the family must have faced would have been immense - so its hard to say if they made the right descision maybe they made the only one they could live with, right or not who is to say only the little girl maybe in time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #13

Madonna? I understand she is funding orphanages, schools, villages etc to the tune of several million. HOWEVER they are being done in the 'missionary' vein and they will be in the name of the Kaballah faith. So money does comes with strings attached . . .

As for the adoption? Part of me says good - the little boy has a chance of a life outside a country cursed with abject poverty. But I think the life he is being thrust into is one that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. To be the child of a superstar is no picnic (so I understand).

But also, the family of this child are now saying that the adoption is out of order. Well - if they were so concerned, what was the child doing in an orphanage rather than being in the bosom of his allegedly caring family??

------------------------------------------------

And Charlotte Wyatt (the sick baby who's parents fought a legal battle to keep her alive)? Well, call me harsh, but you spend all that money to fight for your child to remain with you, surely you'd fight that little bit harder to keep your marriage together to then spend TIME with that child rather than hand her over into a life of foster carers etc etc. I don't know the full story, but SURELY they would have been better off letting nature take it's course rather than expend all that time, energy and money in a legal battle that has resulted in everyone loosing???

That poor little girl

Cats owned: Siamese
Paul G. is Male
17-10-2006, 05:23 PM   #14

I think its a great idea, as long as she stays in Malawi with him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-10-2006, 07:56 PM   #15

Hey, Paul, welcome to Catsey....like your sense of humor

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
17-10-2006, 08:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul G.
I think its a great idea, as long as she stays in Malawi with him.

Now there's a plan

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
18-10-2006, 09:31 AM   #17

I'm all for adoption but with this case the wee boy is not an orphan his dad is still alive and put him into the orphanage because he couldn't afford to look after his boy when his wife died. If it were me with all those millions I would have put some money into the village - give them help so they can build viable businesses and then maybe the father could eventually earn enough money to look after his own kid.

When I saw pictures of all the papparrazi chasing after the kid with his new nanny I fet so sorry for him. He may now have a life where he can have any material item he wants - but we all know there is so much more to life than money.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 gorgous mogs
26-10-2006, 11:08 PM   #18

well i certainly think shes lost the plot what is wrong with her own kids she lucky to have them theres people who cant have kids all that will end up looking after him will be the nanny she will only have the occasional contact with him .i dont think he should of been taken away from his culture . i think its a publicity stunt myself but those who have the money can buy what they like shes proved that.
tracy

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: tabby
01-11-2006, 04:27 PM   #19

I find this abhorrent. I am against all 3rd world adoptions. It solves nothing in the country of the child's origin and I find it selfish and highly questionable to take a child out of its own race and culture and expect him/her to just get on with coping later, when problems arise.

I was astonished to read a report provided by lawyer friends of mine on the high number of 3rd world adoptions that go wrong in Holland, following which the children end up in care homes.

There is a great deal a woman of madonna's wealth could be doing to make a real difference; this ain't one of 'em.