Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
29-09-2006, 10:23 PM   #11

Re: Please dont ignore strays

KAzz, the sad part with Ginger is that people knew he was a stray, but thought that feeding him was good enough - and while it was enough to keep him on the chubby side, it didn't stop his teeth being so bad he had to lick his food in his mouth cos he couldnt' eat properly - the little old dear just said 'I thought his eating looked odd' when she was told. So she was semi aware, but no one was willing to do anything about it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-09-2006, 10:31 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booktigger
KAzz, the sad part with Ginger is that people knew he was a stray, but thought that feeding him was good enough - and while it was enough to keep him on the chubby side, it didn't stop his teeth being so bad he had to lick his food in his mouth cos he couldnt' eat properly - the little old dear just said 'I thought his eating looked odd' when she was told. So she was semi aware, but no one was willing to do anything about it.
See I couldn't do nothing I would have to intervene I couldn't wait for someone else. Inaction is as bad as no action.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
29-09-2006, 10:38 PM   #13

WEll, I did as soon as I could after finding out he was a stray - when I lived in that area, the only time I saw him was when I was stood talking to my granddad, as Ginger loved to have a fuss off him, and recognised his car - even after living here, he would still come up to my granddads car if he was out when he dropped me off, so I just assumed he had an owner and just liked my granddad. It did take me 6 days after finding out he was a stray to picking him up, purely because 8 weeks previously I wasn't going to get one cat, so had to think about the cost etc of having 2, but everyone told me it wasn't that much more, so I went for it - and have never looked back since.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-09-2006, 10:39 PM   #14

You do realise don't you I shall be out searching torch in hand for strays