Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
24-09-2006, 09:31 PM   #11

Re: How did your cat get their name?

well my dad named whiskey because he likes whiskey,stella the same reason,tammy i named as a child no real reason,breezer not quite sure ginge because he`s ginger,spike because he was forever puffing up his coat as a kitten when he was having a mad one ,tinker well her name says everything buddy because he was everyone friend and daisy because she`s my wild flower

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
24-09-2006, 10:55 PM   #12

Kiara and Vitaani are from the lion king, Kiara means princess

Vitaani is a lioness who had a bit of a rough start but turned out good in the end, and Vitaani had a rough start too, so it suited her down to the ground, whilst keeping in with the 'theme'.

By the time Nipper and Tucker came along, the remaining lion king names are all pretty overused, so I put up a thread right here on Catsey to pick out their names.

I origionally thought I was having 2 girls, so it was going to be Tia and Maria, but one of them was wrongly sexed so I came home with Nip and Tuck, and I lengthened their names to Nipper and Tucker because it feels easier to call out 2 sylablles, and they just really suited them.

Tabs is called Tabitha, I chose this when I was about 8, because she is a Tabby cat,

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Black & White
25-09-2006, 02:23 AM   #13

Some interesting ways of naming your cats there

My daughters couldn't decide between Lara or Layla, and so after a few days, and watching her antics, I decided that katey suited her best (named after a book that I once read as a child - what katey did). Her previous name had been Kitty and her mum was called Cat, so Katey wasn't that different sounding if you know what I mean. She responded to it a lot better than Layla and Lara too (although I did like both those names also). So thats it in a nutshell.. quite uneventful really...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
25-09-2006, 09:23 AM   #14

Violet - an elderly couple at the Vets suggested her name, on the very first day I had gotten her - she was tiny tiny tiny and 4 weeks old.

Mau Mau - came from the Dogs/Cats home and already named.

Vincent - me

Mabel - me

x