Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-07-2006, 05:04 PM   #11

Re: Whats your first memory

Earliest memories I have are at about four years of age when I started ballroom dancing classes. I remember they had a party and we had to make a hat to wear. Both my sister who would be about 2 at the time and me went, mum dressed us in the same mustard coloured pinafore dresses Mum made the hats and all I did all day was complain 'cos her hat was better than mine!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
20-07-2006, 06:12 PM   #12

Was about three and remember wanting "to move to the house with the red carpet".

Mum and dad were in the process of moving out of London and buying their first house.

Needless to say they are still living in that house they bought, although the red carpet went pretty quickly!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
20-07-2006, 06:43 PM   #13

I can remember getting my Nappie changed. Honest. I must have been about 18 months. It was night time, my Mum and Dad had gone out for the evening and her cousin was baby sitting. Her and her husband had no kids. She got in a right mess trying to put my terry nappie and rubber pants on. I remember it clear as yesterday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-07-2006, 09:01 PM   #14

I can remember when I was about 2 or so sitting on the kitchen floor playing with my toys when this great enormous spider came crawling along and I screamed and screamed for my mom!! Think that's why I'm still terrified of them today!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-07-2006, 09:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I can remember when I was about 2 or so sitting on the kitchen floor playing with my toys when this great enormous spider came crawling along and I screamed and screamed for my mom!! Think that's why I'm still terrified of them today!
That must have seemed huge to you as a two year old Eileen!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-07-2006, 10:43 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
That must have seemed huge to you as a two year old Eileen!!
Undeed it did; as I remember it, about the size of a tarantula. probably just a common house spider (shiver)

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
21-07-2006, 10:24 AM   #17

Eileen,
I'd better not invite you to stay with me, living near a wood we have spiders everywhere, I am forever catching them and putting them outside. Kath

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
21-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
Earliest memory?
About 2 i would say..and was with my nana (not the infamous great gran) but my actual nana, my fathers mother, of whom i now have nothing to do with. She used to run dancing lessons in an old building that smelt of 'stock' plants...and i remember quite vividlly sitting on this little stool in dungarees (yes i know!) watching nana put these girls (probably about 15) through their paces..and remember thinking how boring it was!
Have two more that are about the same time as this one (maybe even a bit before!).
One was being in the pushchair and being pushed along brighton pier, whlst holding onto a RED baloon, and thinking how huge everything looked (the view of the sea and such) and wondering if it would ever seem smaller or closer...

And another is a VERY vivied one....in the car seat in the back of our car (it was moss green was all i remember) and sorta dropping off...but gazing out the window as we drove along the tamworth road, and looking at the thousands of twinkling stars in the sky and wondering how they got there...
See from an early age i was allways full of questions!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-07-2006, 02:49 PM   #19

Radio 4 is running a 'memory weekend' this weekend. Might fit with this thread (and DM, you can listen on-line, or 'Listen Again' via your PC)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
21-07-2006, 04:37 PM   #20

Oh actually Jac has just reminded me of another very early memory.

I can remember getting weighed on some scales at our doctors and could feel the coldness of the scales! I must of been younger than 6 months, coz they stop weighing babies after a few months, ...don't they? *I dunno*.