Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-07-2006, 07:09 PM   #11

Re: Daily thread Friday

I've only just realised what's happened!!!

Global Moderator

21-07-2006, 09:09 AM   #12

Good morning all!!

This does seem a long day......doesn't it Jac?!!

Well it's not too bad here at the moment, overcast but the sun it trying to break through.

Nothing special planned today, will just take things as they come!

Enjoy yourselves everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-07-2006, 09:15 AM   #13

It's cooler here! Sun not expected till mid-day - hurrah.
Am just off to buy a big ceiling fan for the bedroom. Living 'in the roof' has been fine up to now, but the prolonged heat, and the need to keep the windows close/nearly closed to keep the kittens safe has led to a huge build up of heat. And if we're going to get more and more hot summers it will be invaluable. It will be rather romantic and colonial, don't you think?!
Other than that - no plans. May take advantage of the break in the weather to clean the house a bit and will, of course, go to the allotment and bring home more booty!
Hope everyone has a nice day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
21-07-2006, 09:25 AM   #14

Morning all.

Cooler here as well today.
Not got anything planned. But my brother is moving into his first propper house today.
Enjoy your day people.

Catsey Veteran

21-07-2006, 09:46 AM   #15

need I say anymore lol

hope you are all ok, anothing belting hot day by the looks of things!

Ryans last day of school, and he was late!!! first time this year he's late!

Elliot on his third bowl of cereal, has had coco rocks, rice crispies and now eating fruity loops!

I'm off to finally get my breakfast and a nice vanilla coffee

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-07-2006, 12:27 PM   #16

Well - ceiling fan purchased. Cost rather more than the Argos/Homebase ones I had been looking at but is better motor, 3 speed, will run silently all night etc etc, so I think the investment is worthwhile. Now just have to fix a date with the electrician to fit it (Love my OH dearly but he does not DIY at all - except painting). Maybe if we didn't have houdini kittens we could open the windows wide enough to get air?!
Whilst in the lighting shop I also saw (and bought ) a lovely new fitting for the hall and a simple flush fitting to replace the pendant light that the builders kindly installed in the way of the door to the en-suite. Every time you open the door it bashes the light shade I just have one of those paper globes there now. Sometimes you wonder about these architect/builder people . So, no more retail therapy for a little while.
OK - off to supervise the kittens gallop round the garden before they have their lunch and maybe a sleep. Back later - maybe!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-07-2006, 02:06 PM   #17

Today I took Dominik down to a huge paddling pool they have in a playground down by the Thames here - needless to say I drove, as walking of any sort is almost out of the question now. Also popped in to the builders yard to buy 6 bags of sand for hubby as he will be building the flower bed walls tomorrow. Walking to the office in the yard, I found £20 on the floor which just jumped into my pocket So sand, paddling pool parking and ice lollies were for free today!!!!

Now hanging around waiting for another yard to deliver some reclaime bricks for the walls and he'll be all set for tomorrow whilst I get my nails done

Need to phone some friends this afternoon as am due a catch up with one or two of them!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
21-07-2006, 02:31 PM   #18

Afternoon all!
Been locked away doing history coursework which was erm....due three months ago:blush:...really hot here, and sunny...animals all ancy because of the heat-bid farewell to my tutors for 10 whole weeks now (bliss)...and in doing so cut my foot on some glass that some fool had left by the porch...
Not much planned for the rest of the day.....

Global Moderator

21-07-2006, 11:29 PM   #19

Nite all.....sleep well!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-07-2006, 02:22 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Nite all.....sleep well!!
Mags, just noticed your quote: LOVE it!!!