Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
28-06-2006, 10:47 PM   #11

Re: Garden - work in progress with helpers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Your hubby is getting on well Fran I'd put flags down though if I were you give the grass a miss, but certain either will look good.
And its a good idea the run for Porsha, do you think the others will move in with her,

And when did you get a tortoise I love them my friend Ivy has a tortoise called "SPEEDY" he is at least 40 Ivy brought him when she got married I am down to "inherit" him as Ivy's husband has died and her daughter Julie don't want him I've liked him since I first saw him over 20 years ago.
Karen

We have had Herbi 2 years now Kazz. He is about 6 years old so not fully grown yet. Funny you should mention a tortoise called Speedy because that was one of the names in the running for Herbi

Regarding Porsha and the run I may put one of the others out with her. Was going to wait and see who she most gets along with

It's been a big debate flags re grass but I think we have decided that to flag it all - roughly 100 square meters would a) be extremely expensive and b) look a little too much flagged. We might compromise and do a sort of half and half. To be honest I need it done as quickly as possible now and think turf will be the much quicker option if only as a put us on until we can do something more permanent.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-06-2006, 10:53 PM   #12

Claude is handsome! Love the tortoise; sure Porsha will be happy in her run. As to flags, I had the lawn (awful nuisance to mow) replaced with them, and am so much happier with the patio...!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
28-06-2006, 11:17 PM   #13

Shouldn't your supervisors wear helmets? Except Herbi, who *is* one, I mean.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
28-06-2006, 11:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hreow

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
28-06-2006, 11:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hreow

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
29-06-2006, 04:39 PM   #16

You used to see tortpoises advertised all over now rarely I imagine its because of the way they transported them over here the ldeaths must have been enormous

I would still go with flags - even if you only do a section - choose nice ones you like and start like that. I did a litte every year or so