Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-06-2006, 06:50 AM   #11

Re: Confused by collars

oh I LOVE the liqourice collar!!!!
I Ordered the pink stripe for Alisha and the green and blue argyle fr Oatmeal.
Twix doesnt get a posh un cos he looses them all, princess doesnt get cos she has a sparkly diamante look one, and Mr Darcy doesnt get one cos he has eczema and it aggrivates him!

Therye great collars though, I love the elctric red or electric blue striped ones too

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
20-06-2006, 07:20 AM   #12

Mine wear collars, including the long term fosters. Did you not get a little tag from your vets saying 'Microchipped, please scan me? - I did for PEbbles, so she wears that as well as a barrel. Only Ginger has a proper name tag, as he is the only one who goes into peoples houses - the others wouldn't let a stranger near them (in fact, Molly doesn't let me near her unless she wants to!!)

Catsey Veteran

20-06-2006, 07:26 AM   #13

None of mine got a litte tag like that when they were chipped. Is it a thing your vets does or should they all give them?

IS it worth getting them a tag that says theyre chipped? ( hope you dont me asking you so much). I assumed of they were found by anybody like a rescue, rspca, taken to vets etc theyd scan them anyway. In the barrels mine have I wrote my cats name and my phone number. But maybe I should change to a tag, easier for people to read them, and add that they are chipped.

Also Kim said she has that they are nuetured on her tags, is that worth doing as well? I gues with boys it's fairly obvious, but with girl cats you cant really tell very easily

Catsey Junior

20-06-2006, 09:02 AM   #14

I ordered two disks as well, and I've stollen Kim's idea. On one side it says their name and my telephone number, and on the other it has "I am microchipped and neutered". I know they won't be neutered for a few months yet, but it'll save me having new ones done then.

Re. the tag from the vet about microchipping - the RSPCA are organising this, so I'm not sure if they will have them or not.

It's soooo much fun buying things for them! I'm going to have to stop now or I'll be broke!

Olivia

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
20-06-2006, 09:04 AM   #15

CJ - I just assumed it was done at all practices, but could just be mine. And not all vets or shelters will check for a chip sadly - will post a petition later which is trying to get this to become a routine practice. I know when I have taken strays, I have asked for it to be done, so not sure if they would have done otherwise.

Catsey Veteran

20-06-2006, 09:25 AM   #16

Oh, I would have thought that all shelters and vets WOULD have checked for a chip.
It's a simple quick easy thing to do that could save a cat being sent to a rescue.

I think I'll get some new discs done then for my lot!

thanks booktigger, oh and I'll sign the petition!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
20-06-2006, 09:41 AM   #17

When you order a box of microchips - they come with a set of tags for owners.
Different companies have different tags. But all with simialar message.
You should have received one when your pets were chipped.

edit to add - when I put when you order - I meant the person / company who will be doing the microchipping

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
20-06-2006, 09:43 AM   #18

I didnt get ones for Violet or Mau Mau x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
20-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #19

Shelters and vets probably would, but a neighbour three streets over might not. Or if there has been an accident, I'd rather get a call straight away to let me know, rather than perhaps later (if at all).