Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-05-2006, 07:14 PM   #11

Re: Bets being taken

I have faith, in him. I don't think we've got to this position so far before have we where he has made arangments to do it. (note; how I say "we" this has been going on so long it feels like my garage too)

So I say YES he will do it with days to spare and also may do soemthing else to

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-05-2006, 07:18 PM   #12

That would be great Nae! (and then you can really get into the gardening )
Fingers crossed for good weather.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
23-05-2006, 07:48 PM   #13

Yep Kazz you're right, he's never actually set aside a specific time when he's gonna do it. He has said that if we have the money he'll even get the paint to paint the exterior of the house

Too right DM once it's up it's all hands on deck to shift the rubbish out of the garden and get rid of the shed that's on my patio so hopefully when the nice weather comes along...I'll have a patio area to sit on yippeeee!!!!!

I'm still praying morning, noon and night that it's dry next week. Long term forecast says it's gonna be overcast but no rain.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
23-05-2006, 08:08 PM   #14

Hoping the weather stays good, and he keeps his enthusiasm Nae!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-05-2006, 09:06 PM   #15

Do any of thrm have experience in doing this sort of thing? Assembling a garage seems pretty complicated...??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
23-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #16

Hubby was brought up on a small holding so can do most things, he's never actually put a garage up tho

With the instructions, just to make things easier there were not only 5/6 pages of written instructions and diagrams but also a DVD so fingers crossed it won't look like the leaning tower of Pisa when they've finished with it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
23-05-2006, 10:29 PM   #17

He will probably surprise you Nae, get it done soon and paint the oputside of the house!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-05-2006, 10:58 PM   #18

I doubt it will be to complicated - 4 sides possibly the longer of the two sides in sections that slot together the the back , then the roof (possibly also in sections) and then guttering, doors, side (personal door) possibly and then windows if any possibly two. I have never put a garage up; but it makes sense to me, as to whats involved. Plus of course anchor points to secure it to the base, making it obcvious as to which way up it goes.
The most complicated could be the door unless they are side opening doors, but on consideration an up and over door should though be simply a case of screwing the relevants bits into place on the structure itself.then onto the door.

And tell him I have faith in him, and I think you may well get the house painted too with the weather holding off.

Karen