Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
03-05-2006, 11:57 AM   #11

Re: Uninsured cars...your views

I think anyone that gets caught with a car that is uninsured should be banned for life. A hefty fine and made to visit RTA's.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
03-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #12

Since a fair few of the people who drive uninsured also do not have a licence, points on... and ban of... won't matter much. Like your idea of "A hefty fine and made to visit RTA's". Bet that would work!
At least in reducing repeat offenders.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
03-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #13

I think it's a great idea. There are far too many uninsured/non-MOT'd cars on the road these days. We pay an astronomical amount for our car insurance as we have a Motor Traders policy but it covers us for any vehicle, our own or customers up to the value of £35,000, fully comprehensive.

It's not much for car insurance these days, when we were on a normal policy it cost us £45 a month for both me and OH fully comp. It's not that much to tax and insure a vehicle, the most expensive bit is putting fuel in it

Catsey Junior

03-05-2006, 09:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
I think anyone that gets caught with a car that is uninsured should be banned for life. A hefty fine and made to visit RTA's.
I really strongly agree with this! What would these people do if they hit a small child? Or a teenager? Or any person? How would they pay for treatement... or full time care they will need... not to mention the hundred other costs.

I know I'm new, and sorry to rant, but feel very strongly about this!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-05-2006, 09:51 PM   #15

We have three cars (of our own) all are insured including the one that isn't on the road at the moment, if you can't afford insurance you cant afford a car!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
04-05-2006, 01:21 PM   #16

Well said Emma!! What amazes me is that the non-insured drivers get all in a tizz and say how unfair it is if their car is taken off them. They should have thought of that before they went out in the car.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
04-05-2006, 05:29 PM   #17

if they confiscated the un-insured cars in london ther would be at least a 1/3 of cars less on the roads. alot of drivers dont have uk driving licences,and just go along see a car for sale which has tax n mot on it.give a false address, and drive it about for months illegally they drive like total idiots with no concern to other road users. one of my pet peeves is this. when they are caught they shought be made to pay a heavy on the spot fine, have their cars towed n crushed, and be made to veiw rta, i agree totoally. rant over