Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
18-03-2006, 11:55 PM   #11

Re: Seen a house that I want

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Men tend to be logical beasts so maybe if you sit down & work out the costs of remodeling versus cost of the new house....he might see reason Not tio mention the awful inconvenience of having workmen banging, hammering & pounding, in & out of the house all the time & the wear & tear on your nerves...!!! Go for it!!
And the wear and tear on the fosters' nerves, surely he can't expect the poor animals to put up with all of that when they've already been through so much...?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
19-03-2006, 12:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Well I have to say sounds good, not sure about the smaller garden bit though, have they actually put it up for sale or you've just "heard through the grapevine"

Karen
Yes that is the real downside - our garden is very large here. That one looks quite small although there is another bit of garden enclosed on the side.
It is for sale now.
We need to view it really I think.
Not sure if I could take all of the cat pens.

Catsey Veteran

19-03-2006, 12:30 AM   #13

Quote:
Men tend to be logical beasts so maybe if you sit down & work out the costs of remodeling versus cost of the new house....he might see reason Not tio mention the awful inconvenience of having workmen banging, hammering & pounding, in & out of the house all the time & the wear & tear on your nerves...!!! Go for it!!
Costing is very simple really.

We have a mortgage for "X" plus either
a) the cost of the extension (we have full quotes / planning permission etc)
or
b)the cost of moving (we know the cost of that) plus the difference of price of the new property.

So simple workings out - easy to do.

There is not much difference - but b) is the cheaper option.

Catsey Veteran

19-03-2006, 12:31 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoof
And the wear and tear on the fosters' nerves, surely he can't expect the poor animals to put up with all of that when they've already been through so much...?
Don't think he'd fall for that one Anyway the cat pens are nowhere near the bungalow

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
19-03-2006, 12:59 AM   #15

Good luck Smudgley...if you have your heart set on it then I really hope you get it x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-03-2006, 03:40 AM   #16

So...what are Mr. Smudgley's objections to (b)?? Sounds like a real no-brainer to me...you really want this house, don't you...keep working on him & wear him down...

Catsey Veteran

19-03-2006, 10:39 AM   #17

Quote:
So...what are Mr. Smudgley's objections to (b)?? Sounds like a real no-brainer to me...you really want this house, don't you...keep working on him & wear him down...
He is just looking forward to having the extension, it's taken a long time to get the plans right & get the builders quotes & now all that is done - he really wants to get it done & show me, the potential this place has.

I have got the details of the house from the estate agent & it does look lovely.

John said he would come with me to view it & tell me his honest opinion of it. so we may go and see it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-03-2006, 03:31 AM   #18

Do, please, kep us posted!!