Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
12-03-2006, 09:42 PM   #11

Re: heard about weather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
We have had gales and blizzards all afternoon..try telling 3 dogs it's too cold to go out!!!
I have the answer to your problem - but first, do you have a tranquilliser gun?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
12-03-2006, 10:09 PM   #12

Roll on the summer time, I'm really fed up with the cold, snow and rain

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
12-03-2006, 10:11 PM   #13

i'm fed up with it too. much more of it and i'll be sufferinf from S.A.D

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-03-2006, 10:51 PM   #14

Think it has something to do with the jet stream...here in Mid-Atlantic states Winter has been much milder than normal (thank God, because the gas prices have shot up terribly because of the damage from the hurricanes); even though I'm using LESS gas than last year, the bills are up!! Sorry you all are so cold...I am a heat-lover & detest snow...wish I could send you some of the unseasonable warmth we're having this week!!

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2006, 10:53 PM   #15

yeah but you american guys pay a LOT less than us for heating bills.

like gas (petrol) you guys pay per gallon what we pay per litre.

Boy do i miss america though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #16

CJ, I'm not talking about petrol, talking about natural gas for heating!! I don't have the hassle of owning a car; we have a wonderful public transportation system here. Don't have the top part of my bill as I just paid it Friday, but this is measured by therms. Whatever, it's too high!!! Keep warm!! Eileen

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2006, 11:09 PM   #17

oh yeah, i knew you were tlaking about heating bills, i only mentioned gas an example of how much more we pay for stuff over here,even down to meat, and drinks etc.

and we dont get gallons of cranberry punch!
or kool aid

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
12-03-2006, 11:14 PM   #18

our gas prices have gone up about 30% this year thats a big jump i feel for the older pll

Catsey Veteran

12-03-2006, 11:19 PM   #19

not just the older people, who actually arent that hard up in most cases, as i leanrt fomr my social worker liasons, those of them that ARE genuinely hard up should be given a lot more from the government, if it wasnt for them we wouldnt ahve the life we ahve today.
Those that are hard up often dont know about toher ebnefits they can get. poor old souls are sitting indoors freezing,

but the government seem to ahve forgotten people on benefits in allthis.
up until recently iw as out of work, on income support, and do you think i got the cold weather bonus that the old folks are getting? Nope, me and the kids can freeze unless the temp goes below freezing for a week!

yet round the corner from me is a sheltered scheem for the elderly, they pay a fixed fee of £25 pcm for heating, so no extra charges in winter, and yet they ALL got the bonus, so what do they do with it??? many of them went on a turkey and tinsel holiday with it, and the majority of them admit they dont need the fuel payments. oh and if therye a married couple they BOTH get a fuel payment!

not a gripe at old people, i think they deserve one hell of a lot of respect and they dont get it, but just saying not only old people who suffer in winter

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
12-03-2006, 11:54 PM   #20

i do know what you mean Cj as i am also on incomesuport right now. i dont think they think of ppl like us when they put there prices up if i didnt have a credit card there would be no internet this month at all cos of the cost of Gas