Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
19-02-2006, 06:24 PM   #11

Re: Is 9 months of age a little young for having kittens?

She is just a baby herself & does need time to grow up, but if she were in the wild, she would have had several litters by now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
19-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #12

I feel it is much to young to have a litter. Although a kitten is classed an adult when they reach 9 months and many have reached sexual mature much earlier. As a breeder of Persians I would not allow a girl of mine to mate under a year of age and until she had had at least 2 calls. Persians do tend to mature slower than moggies. If she is pregnant then your friend needs to be giving her plenty of good quality food to ensure she has a good supply of milk. You should then ask your friend to get her cat booked in at the vets to be spayed as soon as she has weaned the litter to prevent another so called accident, the same goes for the new kitten they have bought. She should have considered all this before getting these cats. Their welfare is down to her. Sorry if I sound cross but it is people like this that create so many unwanted cats in rescue. It only takes a little thought and a relatively small amount of money in comparison to the cats well being. Hope she does the right thing by her two cats, CJ.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
20-02-2006, 03:14 AM   #13

i wouldnt want to breed a litter from a cat younger then 1 year. Scarlott started calling at 5 months and have had 4 calls before she was mated at just 2 weeks past her birthday.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 DSH+ 1 ORIENTAL/TYPE
20-02-2006, 01:24 PM   #14

I agree with you CJ,you can't really be a friend to a person like that,especially as you disagree with her, about the treatment of her little female.Has she left you with some nice food for her?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-02-2006, 01:38 PM   #15

hi catgirl. I posted on my other thread about this cat ( cat-sitting) the woman asked me if i would take her act on, i said no but was happy to look after it while theyre away. then it turns out they werent going on holiday but moving house, anyway theyve moved, cant see any sign of the cat in the house, but rang the RSCPA in case.
God knows what goes on in the ehads of people like this!