Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
07-02-2006, 07:37 PM   #11

Re: What do I do??? your advice please.

So sorry to hear you are suffering so badly at the mo with your back. Like you say you know you will have to go to the docs but be firm with him. Tell him you don't want to go into hospital. There are so many painkillers on the market nowadays that your doc should be able to find something that works well and doesn't have any bad side effects. I have arthritis in my back and that is bad enough on it's own without your nerve damage and disk probs. Stop muddling through at home and get some help there as well. I hope you find a solution soon.

Hugs. Kay. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-02-2006, 11:14 PM   #12

So sorry to hear your back is troubling you again Jac I was going to suggest trying a TENS machine but DM beat me to it! Really hope you manage to get some relief and start to feel better soon Jac x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-02-2006, 10:14 AM   #13

Well I bit th bullit this morning and phoned my doc.....................no appiontments! a doc will phone me back but not my one. I cant even put my trousers on today. I then asked for a house call. Oh no the doc will have to phone you to see if it's needed!
God I wouldnt be bothered it i was on the phone every other week for some made up illness but I ask you? I have been putting this off for over a week to see if it was going to ge better. so much for helpfullness.
Sorry I'm moaning but jus feel so let down with the system .
Had a look at the second link and I'm going to phone. Thank you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
08-02-2006, 10:39 AM   #14

I cant believe the way we get treated by doctors and nurses and receptionists at the local surgery. We should not have to put up with it. If I was rude to a customer in my Agency I would get sacked!

Catsey Veteran

08-02-2006, 10:51 AM   #15

Donna I was the same when I worked in the bank. Every phone call I took was taped, and boy if we had a complaining customer that perticular call was pulled. However if it was the customer that was wrong they got it in the ear!

What really annoyed me this morning is I hurt my back over a week ago. The first time I phoned I was given muscle relaxants over the phone (on Fri). It's now Wed and I'm worse. Even for a house call the doc must call you back seemingly. I have never visited the doc without a good reason, never left without a prescription or hospitalised. It's not like I'm a time waster. I dont call them out out of hours, just muddle through. My feeling is If I give them that respect surley the same should b given in return. Sorry rant over. I was actually in tears to the receptionist saying I couldnt even get dressed. Still no call back. ( and I dont cry often)

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
08-02-2006, 02:26 PM   #16

This really is disgusting service from your doctor's surgery Jac.....the doctor only has to look at your records to see you have an ongoing disability that needs regular attention I hope he has phoned you back by now and something is sorted out for you ((((hugs))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
08-02-2006, 02:32 PM   #17

Can any of us compain to a higher body? Is there such a thing. I always thought it was just my doctors that had rude receptionists etc but it seems to be the main criteria for jobs in surgerys - if you are rude, you can have a job working in a surgery. If there is somebody to complain to then I think you should Jac, when you are feeling able to do so.

Other than that, if you can get to a hospital - get to A&E and MAKE them see you. And explain why you have had to take such drastic steps.

Catsey Veteran

08-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #18

I know there is a practise manager, but I was thinking moe about actually talking to my own doc first.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #19

In England it's the Primary Care Trust which oversees doctors. They have open meetings - keep an eye on your local papers, or google?