Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
06-02-2006, 05:20 PM   #11

Re: Bernies story and long intro's

What an encouraging story. It sounds like you have worked wonders to have the cats in such close proximity, your patience is amazing.

Good luck with ongoing progress - small steps, but important ones notheless

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
06-02-2006, 06:09 PM   #12

Was cleaning out the cupboards yesterday when i found Eva's harness and leed. Suddenly a light flashed above my head. Why had I NOT THOUGHT ABOUT THIS BEFORE. I tried the harness on Bernie and he didnt mind it at all. He has had it on a few times now and we open the door and let Eva come in as close as she feels comfortable, which isnt very close and she has started growling and hissing again. But Bernie cannt chase her which is important as that would only set us back weeks if not months. Anyway I am hoping that her confidence will keep growing with this new situation. Please keep all things crossed that its not going to be too much longer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
06-02-2006, 07:48 PM   #13

Fingers crossed here for you Elaine. Well done for getting this far already....

Catsey Veteran

18-02-2006, 11:21 PM   #14

Things are still progressing at a very slow pace but the importance is they ARE progressing.
We also let Bernie have the run of the house when Eva is outside exploring the garden. As Winston sleeps alot, he hardly notices Bernie and Bernie doesnt seem to be too interested in Winston which is fine because I dont like to put much stress on the old boy. Winston does sometimes go to the pen at feeding times and has a sniff and a good nosey. In the begining Winston meowed at Bernie, angrily, and then would walk away from him. The last few days though Winston has seemed more excited by Bernie which brings me to asking for peoples thoughts.
Winston has actively sought out Bernie, has a good old sniff and makes almost chirrup sounds and short but frequent rrrrrt, rrrrt kind of noises. Now i cannt quite work out if Winston is being friendly excited or expressing some unhappyness. These meetings usually take place under the bed, so I cannt quite see his facial expressions.
Thoughts and observations are welcome because as i have said i really dont want to give Winston too much stress.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
19-02-2006, 11:36 AM   #15

Glad to hear things are going well Elaine. Fingers crossed they will be better by summer!!!

Catsey Veteran

19-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #16

Here's hoping Des
Bernie is a cheeky monkey. He has taken to walking from his pen and stopping in the hallway, on the pretence of a spot of washing, then tries to dart between my legs and into the bedroom. He just loves Eva's comfy bed
Eva will sit in the hall and watch him whith little to no growling now. She did raise her paw at him but claws were in and Bernie backed off. Might make all the difference in the world if Winston is trying to be friends with him too. I can always hope

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
19-02-2006, 12:30 PM   #17

Maybe you need to buy him a bed like Eva's!!

Catsey Veteran

19-02-2006, 12:43 PM   #18

You may be right there. That would make a total of 19 cat beds for 3 cats. Graham counted them all yesterday