Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
04-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #11

Re: Daily Hay

Aww CJK they are so sweet. You are doing a great job with them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
04-02-2006, 11:14 AM   #12

Well done. Once you get over the first week, you should be fine. Sounds like you have 2 little fighters there. The first 24 hours are the make or break. as long as they are feedimg, warm and body functions working you should be ok.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-02-2006, 12:11 PM   #13

I wasnt sure wether to start a new thread or carry on this one....so anyway

saturdays update!!!!

worried about babies, both making slight bubbling nosies when feeding, no idea what this can be but worried about it.
They're doing well though, still eating lots.
I have had to change the box thier nest is in, where the front of the other one was cut down ( i used to use it as an iglooe for my other bunnies) they crawled out in the night. Luckily i ahd put them in the pet carrieer, and filled that up with hay and starw, with an old towel on the bottom.
Theyre now in a box with no cut outs!

Seens the other litter today, they are now 12 days old, ahve thier eyes open and ahve grown SOOOOOOmuch.

here they are, sorry the pics arent great, it's cos they all huddle togethre bless them.

Global Moderator

04-02-2006, 01:06 PM   #14

CJ you say the bunnies are making bubbling noises when feeding and are eating lots......how much are you feeding them a day? This is from the link I gave you.....

Baby (infant) rabbits should be fed Kitten Milk Replacer (KMR), which you can buy at your veterinarian's office. Unless you are familiar with and skilled at tube feeding babies, use an eye dropper or sterile syringe. Small 1 cc syringes to start with and larger sizes as the babies grow.
Feed baby rabbits no more than twice a day. Baby rabbits normally feed only ONCE a day, however the KMR is not as caloric as rabbit milk---so if baby does not take in the total amount quoted below in one feeding, you may split the feedings in half, AM/PM - but no more frequently as it can cause severe gastrointestinal distress. Overfeeding is a leading cause of death in infant rabbits.

I don't mean to worry you, just to offer you advice to help!

Catsey Veteran

04-02-2006, 01:11 PM   #15

well mags, i was told to feed every 2 hours by vet, luke suggested 2 1/4 hours, but not feeding between midnight and 6a m.
however after reading tha link I cut it down. I fed them 10pmand 7am. not fed since, theyre fine, theyre not calling for food etc.

Luke has said maybe it just cos theyre so engrossed in their feed.
But i ma definatly cutting down thier feeding, not to argue with luke, cos i know he has more experience than me, but rading that link mags worried me, so i measuring what they ahve, using 1 ml syringue. and feeding dead slwoly, not even a whole drop at a time!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
04-02-2006, 01:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
CJ you say the bunnies are making bubbling noises when feeding and are eating lots......how much are you feeding them a day? This is from the link I gave you.....

Baby (infant) rabbits should be fed Kitten Milk Replacer (KMR), which you can buy at your veterinarian's office. Unless you are familiar with and skilled at tube feeding babies, use an eye dropper or sterile syringe. Small 1 cc syringes to start with and larger sizes as the babies grow.
Feed baby rabbits no more than twice a day. Baby rabbits normally feed only ONCE a day, however the KMR is not as caloric as rabbit milk---so if baby does not take in the total amount quoted below in one feeding, you may split the feedings in half, AM/PM - but no more frequently as it can cause severe gastrointestinal distress. Overfeeding is a leading cause of death in infant rabbits.

I don't mean to worry you, just to offer you advice to help!
good job you saw this Mags methinks.

Catsey Veteran

04-02-2006, 01:17 PM   #17

I just hope it isnt too late.I feel I am to blame for all this anyway, and if they die i will never forgive myself

Catsey Veteran

04-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
I just hope it isnt too late.I feel I am to blame for all this anyway, and if they die i will never forgive myself
Dont be silly CJ. Things happen. You are doing your best in a bad situation.

Catsey Veteran

04-02-2006, 01:27 PM   #19

i now, i took on these 5 rabbits as owner was fing sick of them, to use thier words, and was going to drown them. one died,and now Im loosing the babies cos i dont know what to do with babies.
I know I am doing what i can, but i feel helpless. I just hope they make it through. if they do they are NOT getting re homed, Im keeping them lol

Catsey Veteran

04-02-2006, 01:28 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
i now, i took on these 5 rabbits as owner was fing sick of them, to use thier words, and was going to drown them. one died,and now Im loosing the babies cos i dont know what to do with babies.
I know I am doing what i can, but i feel helpless. I just hope they make it through. if they do they are NOT getting re homed, Im keeping them lol
If they survive they will be YOUR babies forever