Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-01-2006, 03:31 PM   #11

Re: kittens

Wow!
She certainly carries herself as if she thinks she is a champion!
How beautiful
What's her name?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 x rescue cats
29-01-2006, 03:40 PM   #12

Sorry, should have said - her name is Amber and she is a darling.

She was picked up by the CPL as a stray, with kits (who had all been rehomed by the time I got her).

It could be like reading a medical dictionary when you convince yourself that you've got every disease you read about - but seriously, I am quite startled by how closely the points fit (right down to the concave nose, which has always made me smile) - to the extent that I'm almost tempted to e-mail the club - although if she is being missed by someone, I would miss her so much if they want her back

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
29-01-2006, 03:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMC
Sorry, should have said - her name is Amber and she is a darling.

She was picked up by the CPL as a stray, with kits (who had all been rehomed by the time I got her).

It could be like reading a medical dictionary when you convince yourself that you've got every disease you read about - but seriously, I am quite startled by how closely the points fit (right down to the concave nose, which has always made me smile) - to the extent that I'm almost tempted to e-mail the club - although if she is being missed by someone, I would miss her so much if they want her back
If I had lost a cat and then found it had was OK and had a good home I think i would be inclined to leave it. If someone has lost her they will have done their grieving but it would be wonderful for them to know.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 x rescue cats
29-01-2006, 03:57 PM   #14

There is a Siberian breeder in my home town, I've just e-mailed her with a couple of photos to say "I'm probably being paranoid, but just in case..."

I agree, that heart-wrenching though it would be, I would be inclined to leave a moggy with the new owners that had gone missing so long ago but found a happy home. However, if you had paid a couple of hundred quid for a pedigree kitten? ...

I couldn't not e-mail the breeder though - as you say, the worst thing when a cat goes missing is not knowing.

EDIT: thinking about it sensibly, most breeders microchip kittens don't they? And if a pedigree goes missing, most people would let just about everyone know - certainly the CPL would have been informed I would have thought. So Amber is probably just a moggy who coincidentally shares Siberian features - which suits me just fine, she's a poppet whatever she is