Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
27-01-2006, 09:47 AM   #11

Re: Tomorrow is the day

Looks like you're going about it the right way Jac.
Way to go!

Thinking of quitting smoking? Well cease thinking and just stop now.
That is the advice from experts.
Studies show that deciding to quit smoking on the spur of the moment may prove more successful than making detailed plans in advance.
Research published in the British Medical Journal suggests that unplanned attempts to stop smoking are more likely to work than meticulously planned strategies.
Almost 2,000 smokers and ex-smokers were asked about their attempts to quit the tobacco habit by researchers at University College London.

Nearly half of their attempts to stop were found to be spontaneous - and these were also the most successful.
The survey, funded by Cancer Research UK, found that 65% of unplanned attempts had succeeded for at least six months.
That compared with fewer than half (45%) of those who made plans to quit.
Professor Robert West, director of tobacco studies at UCL, said: "The results do not mean that we should tell everyone to stop without planning ahead.
"But they do tell us something about the state of mind of the smoker who wants to quit.
"Dissatisfaction with being a smoker creates a kind of tension. Then, when that tension is high, even quite a small trigger makes the smoker decide that the time has come to stop."

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
27-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #12

Re: Tomorrow is the day

well done u wont regret it.im in my 8weeks n 3 days now its so nice not to wake up to that feel as if my lungs are on fire no coughing, and money in my purse, thats a real added bonus any time just pm me,ill put you in touch with a couple of support forums i go on,
but i suggest u get some strong mints (some how thats helped both hubby n me) smints are good,but dont eat too many or your be visiting the loo LOL keep your hands busy,or if u get a craving wash your hands, cant have a smoke if u have wet hands,
and if u can get it read allan carrs book hes a master.he dont lecture u he just talks to you all the way through the book.
are going to go cold turkey or with like me patches???
its so nice to say im a non smoker.
good luck jac.