Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Orientals
22-01-2006, 01:59 PM   #11

Re: poorly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
well, she is still here. She has drunk some water and eaten a small amount of hay.
It's sad to see. I think the vet didnt want to come out on a sunday, it's a 16 mile trip from where she is.
She doesnt seem to be in any pain, she even hopped around her cage a tiny bit when i put her in it to get my sons lunch.
She wasnt doing that this morning,

what with this and the problems with mr darcy am considering moving vets.

I hope you dont mind me saying but i would definately change vets, at the end of the day if you want the vet to come and then they should this makes me so mad

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-01-2006, 03:40 PM   #12

well it's been a difficult day for all of us really.
Obviously we like to trust our vets, given that they are meant to know far more about animal care then we do. I like to think they know what they are doing, but I really am loosing my faith in them lately.
They used to seem to good, I know the nurse there is actually the owner too, well her hubby was a vet and they opened it together, and when he died she carried on with it.
She is such a caring kind lady, but unfortuantly not the vet, and not available to talk to.
Have called them again and they said if she is eating and drinking again now then that is sign of improvement. Hmmm, yeah, i hadnt figrured that out by myself! BUT as with humans,many times they seem to get better just before the end.
I am holding out hope for her, but am so upset today, upset for her, unsure if i can trust my vet anymore, and unsure of what's going on.

I did speak to a diff vet from the practice this afternoon, who asked lots more questions. She was given carrots yesterday, as they all are once a week. Vet said maybe it was not quite as fresh as could be and upset her tummy a bit. This vet did reassure me a little more, said it sounds like she not in pain, and to hang on, take her to surgery in morning, but if in mean time she goes downhill again call him and he will come see her. He said only give her hay and water today, that if it a tummy upset the hay will help bind her up a bit again.
It so upsetting and confusing though, one vet says sounds like it a matter of time until the ned, another says hang on see if she picks up.
I ahve spent £80 on her lately in vet care, and I would spend another £80 to see her better, or if needed to ease her path to rainbow bridge.

AllI can do is sit and wait, I do feel more confident what this second vet has said. But Am going to move vets i think

Catsey Veteran

22-01-2006, 03:44 PM   #13

oh, and thank you all for your help and kind words.

Global Moderator

22-01-2006, 03:48 PM   #14

CJ, you are having such a worrying time with your pets at the moment, I really hope you can get something sorted out with the vet tomorrow.
Good luck!

Catsey Veteran

22-01-2006, 03:52 PM   #15

thanks mags! This is the same bunny thats been going vets for month, and the cats been going too. Makes me wonder if they would have both gotten better quicker if had gone elsewhere and got better care etc. I just dont know. I kow not much about health issues etc, thats y i go to vets, and think they must kow what theyre doing.

There another one inmy town, bit further to walk but whoc ares!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
22-01-2006, 04:31 PM   #16

Sorry to hear that your rabit isn;t feeling too well

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
22-01-2006, 05:09 PM   #17

I'm so sorry your rabbit is unwell, do you think it could have the same type of virus as your cat? To be honest I dont like the sound of your vet and if it was me I'd be looking for another one.
Take care and I hope it works out fine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
22-01-2006, 05:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
I'm so sorry your rabbit is unwell, do you think it could have the same type of virus as your cat? To be honest I dont like the sound of your vet and if it was me I'd be looking for another one.
Take care and I hope it works out fine.
I would want to have 100 per cent faith in my vet. Anything less is no good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
22-01-2006, 05:24 PM   #19

I agree and have changed vets 3 times in the last year and a half for various reasons. One vet was so obviously petrified of Blue I didnt trust her.

Catsey Veteran

22-01-2006, 05:28 PM   #20

the cat doesnt have diorrhea and doesnt come into contact with the bunny, it's near here when i take them both to vets, but in own carry box. I cant rule it out other than to say they got diff symptoms, but I not going to that vets again. I agree you have to trust them 100%,and im starting to doubt them!
she eating and drinking still, back in her hutch, but indoors so she not get cold. who knows whats going on with her.
i dont know what to do for the best, get another vet out now, or wait until morning and take her to a diff surgery. she seems brighter than this morning.
She does have misaligned teeth, due to too much interbredding vet told me, and she meant to have come from a breeder who cared about her animals and made sure they didnt interbreed!!!!
anyway i got her now and am doing what i can for her. the teeth keep presenting a problem though, she dribbles and it makes her fur fall out, but she keeps getting spurs taken off, vet said next step is take teeth out. The breeder didnt tell us any of this when we took 5 rabbits from her, she must have known cos spurs are something they need treated every 2-3 months.

As usual I was a sucker for a sob story and took on unwanted pets and am now paying vets bills for it!
Like mr darcy i guess, we were lied to about his medical condition too,and im left paying for it.

All i can do is care for these animals the best i can and give theml ove and kindness.

I must say I love all my pets to bits, and i get so upset when theyre sick, for any reason. My hubby says im too soft, but they get tonnes of cuddles each, fussed over, if bunnies r ill they brought indoors, or into a shed at least, if cats r ill i sit up with them all night. theyre treated the same as my kids.

anybody who loves animals would do the same I know.