Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-01-2006, 12:49 PM   #11

Re: fried onion sangers!!

i used to ahve them in my bum, but saw a new nurse monday and she wants it in my arm to ensure it gets into my muscle. BLoody hurts, and is still swollen. MInd you, it looks like i had a muscle implant lmao

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
18-01-2006, 12:49 PM   #12

i didnt get on with that jab,i put 2 stone on in a couple of months,all round my tummy,i had ppl coming up and asking whens it due, and it was in the summer when u want to wear skimpy clothing

Catsey Veteran

18-01-2006, 12:50 PM   #13

didnt realies u a nurse too Fran. i used to eb, though not worked in 3 years now. When fit and healthy again i wanna do my midwifery training.

Catsey Veteran

18-01-2006, 12:52 PM   #14

hi boys mum.
i find for the first few weeks after having it im starving all the time. my nurse said it a side effect!! (so it not just me being a piggy).
Now i know i dont eat so much. But i do get a bit chubbier around the midriff, fluid retention I am told!

they wont tie my tubes yet, say im too young, so this is next ebst thing for me.
Desperate to loose wieght though, but getting no help ont hat front from gp!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
18-01-2006, 12:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
didnt realies u a nurse too Fran. i used to eb, though not worked in 3 years now. When fit and healthy again i wanna do my midwifery training.
I have been trained for 20 years now CJ but I gave up work a couple of years ago to spend more time with my family and pets and to pursue a hobby of breeding the occasional litter of Labrador puppies

I personally would not give depot into the arm as I don't think the muscle is big enough to cope with a deep injection like depot...just my opinion though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
18-01-2006, 01:04 PM   #16

I was on the depot contraceptive for 10 years. Never once did I get it in my arm. Sore enough in the bum. As for getting into your system quicker, well I would question that.
Once I was late by 3 days in getting mine and I was told to use alternative measures for a month!
I also fell pregnant while on it and that wasnt the time I was late. Hence my 14 year old
Infact I fell while on the pill as well. Hence my 4 year old...

Catsey Veteran

18-01-2006, 01:06 PM   #17

i dont think i see that nurse again lol. it doesnt hurt in my botty to be honest but my arm is still hurting, so much so i cant lie on it, and thats the side i usually sleep on, but i guess it'll be ok in a few days max.

My muscle is certainly complaining about the jab lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
19-01-2006, 12:27 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
You don't have depot injections in your arm do you CJ? When I worked in general practice we always gave depot in the buttocks
I used to have this, and the nurse always did it in my bottom cheek (She said she liked to have a bit of fat to stick the needle into!!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
19-01-2006, 12:30 AM   #19

I came off the injections over a year ago as I decided it wasnt helping with my moods/depression (bad time all round really but injections didnt help). After the injections I couldnt sleep for weeks.

Anyway, still a year and a bit down the line my periods are still not "normal". It really does mess up your system.

Catsey Veteran

19-01-2006, 01:05 PM   #20

i missed the injections for 6 months, got depressed again, (had depression on and off for 10 years now so pretty much used tot hat) but didnt have a period the whole time, hence dozens of pregnancy tests lol!

My nurse did it in my arm cos she said she DIDNt want it going into my fat! But i am a bit chubby so maybe thats why. arm only sore to touch now, and only a little at that, but in my eye it's worth it, rather than go through a traumatic birth again