Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
15-01-2006, 11:23 PM   #11

Re: Once you start, you can't stop...

Hes a lucky Cat to have somebody like you that can cope with him, many wouldnt. I bet he'll improve too with the patience you are showing him, a lovely boy,
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
16-01-2006, 09:53 AM   #12

Just a thought Snoof - no idea if it will help.....but it might.
Is there a special food treat that Snoof loves - a manufactured dry treat might be good? If you could leave shoes around the place, with a tasty treat on them, he might lose a bit of fear?
If you're feeling really generous you could put some fish paste on your own bare feet......................but perhaps I really am getting stupid here? (Don't answer that!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 of the most gorgeous moggiebeasts
16-01-2006, 02:36 PM   #13

Not a bad idea. The problem I have is that we got him some dry treats, but he seems to be allergic to them. Every time he has one he vomits later on (but luckily he has a penchant for vomiting in the kitchen, which is the only room we have with a tile floor and no carpet!). I'm going to see if I can find us something else to try, but I keep forgetting when I'm at the pet supply shop, which I only get to once a week!

He loves ham though, I think I might try feeding him it off my fingers... Then off my arm the next time... And see if I can work my way down to having him take it off my knees and lower legs and then my feet.

It sounds like a really good idea, to be honest. Daft as a door, but hopefully effective in the long run! I do hope he comes in from the conservatory though, because I don't even want to know what my neighbours would think, LOL!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
16-01-2006, 11:16 PM   #14

He is just sooooo lovely.

Catsey Veteran

21-01-2006, 12:15 AM   #15

I just took a picture of him I'm really happy with that shows off how gorgeous he really is, so I thought I'd revive this thread rather than spam the forum up with a grillion threads about Ninja...

He does look a lot happier if he doesn't have the camera pointed at him I swear!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-01-2006, 12:20 AM   #16

He looks gorgeous in that pic Snoof....and he has such a lovely shiny coat!

Catsey Veteran

21-01-2006, 12:21 AM   #17

You know the strange thing, Mags, we can't get him to let us brush him. He grooms himself, he's never coughed up a hairball in the house, and he's soft as a kitten. It boggles the mind, really, but I can't help but be grateful that we don't have to force the brush on him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-01-2006, 12:40 AM   #18

He looks happy, a slight bit uncertain but happy for certain if he did not trust you;you wouldn't get within 20ft of him with a camera trust me.

Good luck with him you are doing a great job, pictures and stories like his and your make me think "my next cat will be an adult or abused rescue"

Karen

Catsey Veteran

21-01-2006, 12:51 AM   #19

He's not sure what the camera does and why, so he's not so happy about it being pointed at him... Whenever he hears the slight click of the button being pushed he looks up at it, which is why he's almost always staring straight into it (even in pictures I've taken where he was being scritched and petted!).

He does allow it, so I think he's all right with it, but I don't know if he'd allow it from anyone else. He allows my boyfriend to pet him, but anyone else (provided neither of us is with them) gets a stern hiss and sometimes a growl.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
21-01-2006, 04:30 PM   #20

What a stunningly handsome dude Ninja is