Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 5 x rescue cats
28-12-2005, 01:16 PM   #11

Re: Are there any...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Misty just been sick two more times
If she's an adult, starve her for 24 hours - but plenty of fresh water, obviously. If she's still being sick after that, then vet ASAP.

My cats are all really fussy eaters - I had duck for Christmas dinner, which was the most desirable thing EVER - until they all had a tiny bit as a treat put in their bowls. Whereupon it wasn't good enough for them, obviously.
Snowy likes cooked green veg and Jenny likes tomato sauce (she's really into bolognese!) and cheese. And Molly won't eat fish!

But I don't give in to fusspottiness - they get Hills if I have time to go to the pet shop, Purina if not - and if they don't eat it, it gets thrown away. And none of them are exactly skinny

EDIT: as Fran asked, is she all right in herself? - if she's washing herself and being reasonably sociable then she probably just needs 'starving'. If she's miserable, then forget what I said, vet NOW! Hope she will be all right.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
28-12-2005, 07:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
How is she in herself Donna?
Misty seems ok in herself. Been out in the snow today (will post piccies later). Thought she could do with some fresh air. I took away the food I put down this morning and just left biscuits and water down. She didnt eat anything. But she has been very sociable. Jumping up to kiss my nose as she always does. Playing okay too.

I have noticed something rather strange tho ----

she keeps on chewing on plastic bags - bin liners, food bags, toy wrappers, ANYTHING THAT IS PLASTIC. Dont know if she has bitten some off and swallowed a piece. She has been on the litter tray and that seems normal.

WHY IS SHE CHEWING ON PLASTIC ALL THE TIME?????????

Help anyone??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
28-12-2005, 07:19 PM   #13

How strange I have never heard anything like it Maybe someone else may have an idea Donna?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-12-2005, 07:36 PM   #14

Donna...I found this.......

Q: Why does my cat insist on licking or even chewing plastic bags from the grocery store?
A: Most plastic nowdays is made with corn starch to make it biodegradeable, and surprisingly, many cats have a taste for corn. Under no circumstances should you let her eat the plastic. It can become impacted in the intestines and cause a potentially fatal blokage.

Maybe it would be a good idea to keep all plastic out of her reach

Catsey Veteran

28-12-2005, 07:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Donna...I found this.......

Q: Why does my cat insist on licking or even chewing plastic bags from the grocery store?
A: Most plastic nowdays is made with corn starch to make it biodegradeable, and surprisingly, many cats have a taste for corn. Under no circumstances should you let her eat the plastic. It can become impacted in the intestines and cause a potentially fatal blokage.

Maybe it would be a good idea to keep all plastic out of her reach

Thanks so much Mags. That does explain things. She hunts out all sorts of plastics. Hardest to hide is the bin as there is always a bit of liner hanging down from the lid. But will make the house a more Misty friendly house!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
28-12-2005, 08:01 PM   #16

Has she stopped being sick now Donna? Attempted to eat anything yet?

Catsey Veteran

28-12-2005, 08:03 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Has she stopped being sick now Donna? Attempted to eat anything yet?
She has eaten half a pouch of felix chicken in jelly. dont want to give her too much in one go. but she is very intersted in my dinner (not giving her any tho just in case).

She is a big girl (well compared to chloe same age/half size) so am sure a bit of sickness wont affect her too much. Just hope she keeps down what she has just had. If she does then maybe she can have a bit more later.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-12-2005, 08:22 PM   #18

Donna, Cassie was sick for 3 days on the trot but was fine in herself. We couldn't put it down to anything but we fed her on boiled chicken and steamed fish for 4 days. She ate that with no trouble but she wouldn't touch cat food until the sickness stopped.

Catsey Veteran

28-12-2005, 08:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Donna, Cassie was sick for 3 days on the trot but was fine in herself. We couldn't put it down to anything but we fed her on boiled chicken and steamed fish for 4 days. She ate that with no trouble but she wouldn't touch cat food until the sickness stopped.
Thanks for that Mags. I did buy some blocks of frozen cod (as recommended by your good self on here a while back) just in case there was a sickly kitty. Might give her a small amount later tonight.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 moggies
28-12-2005, 08:52 PM   #20

I didnt know that about the corn starch in plastic bags! Frankie used to chew on them all the time! I have to hide them now!

Hope Misty feels better soon!