Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
26-01-2007, 04:33 PM   #11

Re: LItter Trays

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
I scoop usually mornings and if I'm at home (which I am mostly at the mo), I scoop as soon as something rancid lands in the tray. If it gets mucky around the outside I'll use anti-bac wipes (the ones which dry without scent or taint). As for washing them out? I'm afraid I'm lazy there - I will only do it if I need to - i.e., the smell is too overpowering or some mucky cat get the tray to dirty to clean with a wipe!
Which brand is that Yola? I'd actually like to be a bit lazier!! Sounds like a good idea!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Worlds No 1 Moggy and 2 Selkirk Rex
04-02-2007, 07:10 PM   #12

I scoop poop and clumps out twice a day and do a full litter change once a week and disinfect tray thoroughly then. Only have one cat and use Catsan clumping litter

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
05-02-2007, 11:32 PM   #13

I scoop them out several times a day and completely change the litter every 3-4 days. When I change the litter I disinfect them. I have to do it this often as I have 9 indoor only cats.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-02-2007, 11:53 PM   #14

As I have just one cat who normally only poops once a day I scoop it at night; give a wash and disinfect about a week to 10 days, depending on how much she's weed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
08-02-2007, 11:04 PM   #15

i scoop as soon as hes done and i clean the tray every other day,if i left it any longer the fussy git wouldnt use it

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Ragdoll, BSH & Maine Coons
13-03-2007, 11:42 PM   #16

I scoop when the poop is there and clean and disinfect every day sometimes every other day.
I have 7 cats indoors on a night time that use the tray so cant bear the smell of it sometimes when they have all been using it.
Not so bad during the day when some of the cats are in the outdoor pen.

Sarah
x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
14-03-2007, 10:59 AM   #17

I scoop when needed....
Change the Litter at least once a week depending on the state of it
and as i use the wood based litter it is great in keeping the bottom of the tray very clean and dry so disinfecting when needs be also

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
02-04-2007, 04:20 PM   #18

I have 2 trays and change the both each day. Guinness always goes in it and does a realy stinky one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
02-04-2007, 05:32 PM   #19

I clean it when there is something in it, I dont like to leave it, and Wiggy wont use it if there is anything in it! i wash it with trigene about 3 times a week, more if nec.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
02-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #20

Every morning I scoop solids and clumps, and top up with a bit more litter, and do a full clean and disinfect every 2 - 3 days depending how bad it is. We have 4 cats using the tray and they mostly do poops early morning, so cleaning in the morning is ideal as the waste isn't left for too long.

If there is a poo there that hasn't been buried (Tucker usually doesn't bury his, the girls always do) then Kiara will not go in the tray, and she tells me about it and pesters 'til I clean it for her to use.