Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
30-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #11

Re: It's Friday

morning, all!
can't believe i'm up actually. probably because it was the first night i let Solomon roam the house unsupervised while i slept rather than tucking him into a room safe and sound. he's just fine though and really had a blast playing with kuan yin into the wee hours..running up and down the hall after each other. they get to each other and do a silly pose and then run off and then vice versa they also have started touching noses now in greeting. hestia is too busy lazing around for such games but does seem to appreciate that if he invades her personal space and she gives a warning he actually abides by that and doesn't keep pestering like kuan yin's been known to do what a difference a male is, huh! kuan yin seems so surprised by him, i've never seen her like that with another cat before. she's always been around older cats and they've always backed down to her ways yet with Solomon she doesn't seem to worry about dominance..and they even will eat out of the food bowl at the same time! they already can all three lay on the bed with me in their respective places (hestia at the head, kuan yin and solomon each at a leg, lol). it's just uncanny how well he has fit in! and he's very intelligent. i was sort of like a mama cat showing him the ways to act around the dogs so they wouldn't bark or bother at him, little things i've noticed over the years that the other cats do. he watched and copied me exactly perfectly, such a smartie!
no idea what to do today except probably housework. have some things to do but it'll have to wait till payday which is a few days away anyhow i made some cupcakes because i was having a sugar deficiency i dropped a piece on the floor and Solomon ran up and ate it like a little dog

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
30-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #12

Sounds like Solomans settled in realy well, i enjoyed reading about all the catty interactions.
Cup cakes ? Yummy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
30-07-2010, 07:15 PM   #13

Yep, cup cakes. I'm hormonal although I'm a sugar fiend anyway so maybe that doesn't matter

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #14

I am so pleased that Solomon is getting on well, especially with Kuan Yin - guess it's nice to have a friend to play with. Sounds a bit like Kizzy and Pip, although they did take a while longer to decide they could rub along together. But you're right, there aren't the same dominance issues.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-07-2010, 08:09 PM   #15

I'm actually not too surprised at how well he's fit in, pleased but not surprised. Siamese are very very smart cats, he's figured out the pecking order with his aunties, who to play with and who not to pester. But that is amazing that he picked up your instructions about the dogs! And incidentally, how clever of you to have observed how the older cats did it so you could teach him.

The cupcake bit doesn't surprise me either ... Siamese will try anything IMO ...Su-ling once ate a bit of noodle dough that I dropped.

Do keep the stories coming; he's such a little character, love hearing what he's up to.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #16

Yes, I love your stories about him too - you could collect them together and publish online!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-07-2010, 10:27 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
from Kazz...
PP. Enjoy your day visiting. How is it going life without paid work. ...

It seems strange not going to work anymore, but I'm relieved not to be governed by the clock and I don't miss the night shifts or long hours. Ceri has to have a routine so I try to be up early myself to get ready and prepare the house for the day, getting the breakfast, washing up from the night before (yeah, I know, I shouldn't leave em, ) and putting the vacuum over etc. Also try and make a half hour or so for a cuppa and catsey and other sites. We try & eat together and then its a morning of helping Ceri get showered & dressed, when ready, going out and shopping or taking him to hospital or walking with friends etc. When the school hols are over we'll go swimming. I have lots of time with my parents now too, which is lovely and can do the school run for Tom too... how did I ever find time to work

Next month my pension starts so our combined income will fall, I've been busy budgeting and refining our spends, but we won't be destitute
Reading that I am wondering how you found time to work too.............

Does Ceri qualify for the NHS passport to fitness scheme you know free swiming/gym and did you know as a carer you are entitiled to the same...well if not free really low rates. and lots of places you would into expect like theatres and NEC sort of places for shows you pay for Ceri but go in free....as a carer as he would not be able to go without you. Lots of places do not mentio this in the advertising but I would ask especially the big events.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-07-2010, 11:25 PM   #18

Nette - I really admire you. I would struggle so much if I found my life were turned around so completely. Heaven knows it took me years to adjust to having children around the place, but to have to completely realign and reassess the dyanamic of your marriage . . . I really wouldn't know where to start.

Karen has some good points there . . . make the most of what's available!!