Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 moggies
28-11-2006, 03:11 PM   #11

Re: pee odour

thx i will save that!!!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Himalyan, Siamese, Strays
18-01-2007, 04:40 PM   #12

for colorsafe areas use Vivid colorsafe bleach.... test it first, I ruined a carpet!! Use it straight, do not dilute. Poor it right onto the spot and let it dry. Do not blot up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
18-01-2007, 08:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine687
for colorsafe areas use Vivid colorsafe bleach.... test it first, I ruined a carpet!! Use it straight, do not dilute. Poor it right onto the spot and let it dry. Do not blot up.
I wouldnt use bleach of any kind. Cat pee and bleach both contain amonia therefore bleach would only attract the cat to pee in that spot again and again.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Himalyan, Siamese, Strays
20-01-2007, 02:18 PM   #14

I bought this recipe off ebay and it thought it worked well.

Using any plastic container mix the solution as follows:
16 oz. bottle hydrogen peroxide
1 teaspoon dishwashing liquid soap
1 tablespoon A & H baking soda

Mix well using a plastic spoon. If you have a large area or more than one area to clean you may want to use a bigger bowl and mix enough solution according to your needs. Once it is mixed put into your empty plastic bottle. Always discard unused portion because the oxygen in the peroxide mixed with these other items can make it explode.
Pour the solution evenly on the whole spot, making sure to saturate the carpet and the padding under the carpet (you may want to do a spot test on your carpet or furniture first, but it has never left a stain on anything I have used it on). Once the whole urine area is saturated block it off to keep people or your pets from walking on it until it is completely dry. Do not blot up any of the formula because the stains need to be saturated thoroughly and then dry on its own. After it has dried, vacuum spot to remove any white powder left over from the baking soda.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
21-01-2007, 03:56 PM   #15

I find this product excellent!
http://www.urine-off.co.uk/shop.html