Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-01-2008, 10:03 PM   #11

Re: strange phone calls

Another cliche (I'm good at them ) : there's no such thing as a free lunch........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-01-2008, 12:00 AM   #12

Too right DM!

To be sure of stopping these kinds of calls, register your number with the Telephone Preference Service. This means your number is taken off marketing lists and bit by bit you stop receiving cold calls (as the lists are updated).

I used to be plagued with cold calls when we first moved here (usually for double glazing), it's now completely stopped!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-01-2008, 12:30 AM   #13

I got a double glazing phone call on the night of my wedding!

Catsey Veteran

11-01-2008, 12:38 AM   #14

We have a Do Not Call Registry here in the States also....best thing since sliced bread! I have an ex-directory number but used to get calls all the time; it's dropped off dramatically since then...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
11-01-2008, 09:09 AM   #15

i was just about to dish up dinner the other night,got a strange call off a verry well spoken english gent,asking what did i think about life in the UK.had to tell him sorry just about to have dinner n hung up. but he really wouldnt want my veiws on england.

Catsey Veteran

11-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #16

Maybe I'm rude, but when someone calls at dinner I just let the machine take it......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
11-01-2008, 04:58 PM   #17

Someone approached me outside a shop with a money off voucher thing and a questionaire about where you shopI filled in some details and they said I would be entered into a competition (never gave address etc and only gave my work number in cos I wasn't interrested and never am in these things). Anyway that was before xmas and they rang work yesterday saying i had won the draw, which again will be a load of old cobblers with a catch, and I am to ring a freephone number with a reference but I haven't cos I'm sceptical and yes DM I'm usually rude too but I was busy so I took the details then hung up

Catsey Veteran

11-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #18

The world is full of scammers looking to sell us something we don't want or would never use....I cannot believe the c**p in my Spam box!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
11-01-2008, 05:05 PM   #19

It is the same with everything isn't it? outside shops in the supermarket, fliers on the car windscreen, junk mail and cold callers!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

11-01-2008, 05:24 PM   #20

Too true! I just found a site here that lets you get off the mailing list for catalogues you don't want! I get them by the gazillions; spent an hour on line last night deleting ones I don't want; they just go straight to the recycling bin! Hope it works ....