Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #11

Re: Look who I got cuddles from today

That's so nice to hear: Murphy will be a splendid little cat for the right person! Glad he liked his new catnip toy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-07-2008, 11:18 PM   #12

I did actually mean Moli the person! Glad to hear that you think she's back to herself........

Let's all hope that Murphy finds a good home as soon as he's ready to move on. I do envy you that cuddle Elaine. What did his coat feel like, was it soft and silky or a bit rougher? Never stroked a Siamese before.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-07-2008, 11:19 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I did actually mean Moli the person! Glad to hear that you think she's back to herself........

Let's all hope that Murphy finds a good home as soon as he's ready to move on. I do envy you that cuddle Elaine. What did his coat feel like, was it soft and silky or a bit rougher? Never stroked a Siamese before.
Murphys coat is still quite rough Angie, its improving, Caspers is as soft as silk...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #14

How nice of Elaine to pay a visit to dear Murphy (and his ma ).

Pleased to hear the visit was a success.

Elaine, on a slightly different note and prompted by you saying you were tempted to take Murphy . . . is there any news on your potential new adoptee (the blind kitty)??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
21-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
How nice of Elaine to pay a visit to dear Murphy (and his ma ).

Pleased to hear the visit was a success.

Elaine, on a slightly different note and prompted by you saying you were tempted to take Murphy . . . is there any news on your potential new adoptee (the blind kitty)??
Sadly Yola, I have put that one on hold for now, what with starting the business and being away for irregular periods of time. I didnt think it fair to put Mutley, Bernie and especially Eva under so much stress. Mutley may well be stressed after the journey and Eva as you all know gets herself terribly upset. \she took is quite hard when I was looking after Suzy for 9 days, even though I was coming here to visit her. I also think that coming home smelling of different animals daily upsets her a little.
I am currently looking into getting some help and instruction from a Reiki Instructor/Practitioner for her.
Have spoken to DD about it and she said not to worry, coz |i did feel like I was letting her down too. Mutley isnt going anywhere, so when I am ready for him, he will come live with us.
Sorry, that was long but I had to think about ALL the implications.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #16

Of course it's totally important for the animals to be comfortable with any changes so they have to be your first consideration. And as you say, Mutley is settled where he is so there is no rush.

Poor Eva though. Despite her tantrums she really is a very senstive little flower isn't she

Catsey Veteran

21-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Of course it's totally important for the animals to be comfortable with any changes so they have to be your first consideration. And as you say, Mutley is settled where he is so there is no rush.

Poor Eva though. Despite her tantrums she really is a very senstive little flower isn't she
She sure is which is why I think the Reiki may be worth exploring. If it helps to relax her, even just a little, it will have been worth it. May even mean i can clip her claws myself with out the need for sedation.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-07-2008, 04:14 PM   #18

I hope the Reiki will help, but would not bet that you'll ever be able to do her claws.......she is such a high strung cat, but after all, she is a Diva....

Catsey Veteran

21-07-2008, 07:39 PM   #19

Have contacted a Reiki Master/Practitioner. He wants to arrange a session to get to know Eva and see if she will respond to the Reiki sessions. This will be a free session to see how it goes, so you cannt say fairer than that can you.
Eileen, I will master the Diva one day