Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-10-2008, 10:32 PM   #11

Re: Cheerful Autumn Display

Thats okay no problem have help this year in the shape of Lewis (nephew) but the pumpkins etc are an excellent idea.... ta Eileen.

I decorate the house but we only have the local children come round.........the little ones love it in fact was out today at Asda ad brought the crisps/chocolate etc and will nearer the day get/make some toffee apples......and fruit.

Oh and the diabetic choc for the couple of children who like/need that and the gluten free stuff for the little girl down the road and brought the milky way and choc buttons and milky way stars for the tiny ones and the ballons for those who prefer those................see I like Halloween

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-10-2008, 10:46 PM   #12

Your pics are definitely a must then Kazz....... it sounds like it is going to be a lovely Halloween for you ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #13

Always enjoy Halloween Mags.............had a bit of a lull when Katie and Sophie outgrew it but Lewis and Molly have stepped in the breach well. Sadly their older sister Taylor hates it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
22-10-2008, 08:18 AM   #14

Eileen, where'd the picture go?

I love Halloween big style, and my aunt gave me tons of decorations last week. She got them in a Tesco sale a few years ago and never used them. So I've got them lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-10-2008, 09:31 AM   #15

No pic for me either

I'm not a fan of Halloween - at least not in it's current guise and not when it is followed within a week by Guy Fawkes Night.
I think there are huge possibilities for making 31 October the new national public holiday the politicians keep muttering about. The day (being the archaic All Souls Day) could become a little like the Japanese Ancestors Day, when everyone could do their own thing but it could be a special day for remembering. It would be a right of passage for those who have lost loved ones through the year, maybe give the opportunity for those that wish to visit a grave or memorial.
Then, as darkness falls and the next, brighter, day (All Saints Day) approaches, we could return to thinking of the present and the future, and have a fun time with the children, with whatever fancy dress/bonfire/fireworks they want.

And NO GUY FAWKES on 5 November. It's ridiculous and totally anachronistic to have something based on a Catholic/Protestant plot from way back.

That might also make it easier to restrict fireworks - as they should be.

Ah, I sound like Mrs Ghost of Autum Past - halloween, fireworks, guy fawkes - bah! humbug!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #16

Ooops, sorry! I had accidentally uploaded the pic to my Cats album; noticed it while I was working in it last night and moved it to Non Cat. Apparently that broke the link. I didn't know that, assumed a link to PB was the same, regardless of album..... sadder but wiser now! Here it is again:

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #17

Thanks for recovering your great picture Eileen! It is very colourful. I sort of like Halloween - the black cats are lovely of course and I love the pumpkins. Not so keen on the ghouls and the ghosties!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-10-2008, 04:58 PM   #18

So far the squirrels haven't found the pumpkins and Indian corn...won't look like that when they do! I don't bother any more: tried spraying the pumpkins with Johnsons wax; didn't work; tried using Tabasco hot sauce on them; didn't work .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-10-2008, 05:06 PM   #19

Thanks for re-posting; it looks very nice. Pumpkins are so very, very, autumn

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
22-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #20

how lovely!!! I would love to decorate my house before the 31st, but we'd just have all the kids knocking on the door early lol.