Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #11

Re: Walnut Whip Saturday

Sounds as if you are enjoying life there Eileen, have you found any fellow cat/alchol/plant/sun bathing/book reading neighbours yet.

And yes I do sit and read a book, watch a film whatever .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Sounds as if you are enjoying life there Eileen, have you found any fellow cat/alchol/plant/sun bathing/book reading neighbours yet.

And yes I do sit and read a book, watch a film whatever .
Not yet, Kazz, but in the recycling closet this morning I spied an empty jug of clumping cat litter! So there's another feline on the 5th floor. Yes, I am enjoying myself; haven't met anyone in the library yet, but it's early days...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
23-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #13

Hello, all. Long time no talk.
Sorry for not posting much, just been kind of busy and mentally preoccupied.
It's sunny today. We've been lucky so far as our heat has not gone over 75 degrees this summer so it's very comfortable unless you're doing hard labor.
Would like to go out in the sun today. We had thunderstorms and rain this week and sun only joined us yesterday.
K has been poorly but he had a very, very long sleeping period so maybe he will want to get some fresh air today, that would be nice for both of us! Not sure what to do though.
Hope you all are well, much love to Catsey kitties.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
23-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #14

Hello again all. I'm not long home from the camp site dump run...

Must admit Eileen, it not my favourite thing ever, though I've agreed to go overnight Thurs/Fri. I'll enjoy it for the time away with friends though. Very glad to be in my own little home again now.

Next thoguht - food. Being it almost 8pm, am thinking beans on toast - as nice and simple!!!

Nice to see you there Tink.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-07-2011, 07:54 PM   #15

late check in for me.
Carboot this morning, set off at 6.30 so i could be back for training. All that effort and i only came back with a little Dam Troll, still at least i didn't come back with a woodpidgeon this time.
Took Kwame training and he did realy well, probably best in the class for certain things.
An hour later it was Malaika's turn, she had the sillies and poor Howard got all hot and bothered.
Recently we have moved the garden furniture around and added some. I sat out the rest of the afternoon reading in the sun. It was nice to just relax and enjoy the garden.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Not yet, Kazz, but in the recycling closet this morning I spied an empty jug of clumping cat litter! So there's another feline on the 5th floor. Yes, I am enjoying myself; haven't met anyone in the library yet, but it's early days...
Maybe you should pop cards through the doors on the 5th floor and ask them in for a drink? or ask them to meet up on the roof for a drink? Go on woman take the initative .

Catsey Veteran

23-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #17

That's not me; I'm a quiet sort of person, never interacted much with neighbors. Not unfriendly, just not really big on socializing, although I was always friendly and helpful if needed. I always enjoyed the block parties, but not one for dropping in or having people drop in on me except for special friends like Jim. A bit of a loner, really, typical bookish introvert.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
23-07-2011, 10:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
That's not me; I'm a quiet sort of person, never interacted much with neighbors. Not unfriendly, just not really big on socializing, although I was always friendly and helpful if needed. I always enjoyed the block parties, but not one for dropping in or having people drop in on me except for special friends like Jim. A bit of a loner, really, typical bookish introvert.
You just described me to a tee, Eileen

Catsey Veteran

23-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
You just described me to a tee, Eileen
Hey, Tink, sisters under the skin! No wonder we like one another.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
24-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #20

In some ways I'm pretty similar. Once I'm home, and don't have to go out again, I like to close the door and be in my own little space. Having others almost 'invade' that space is pretty uncomfortable, when it's anyone but the closest of friends. OK if prearranged, but otherwise...