Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
12-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #11

Re: Introducing Z, the new 'practice' dog!

He certainly could do with losing some of that weight, 12 kgs overweight!?? Did his owners never exercise him? No wonder he's arthritic! Poor love!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
12-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #12

Oh poor boy, so glad he is ok!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-07-2009, 09:59 PM   #13

Bless your vet for refusing! Hope the right home with loving and caring people comes along soon for Z!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
12-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #14

I don't think he has been walked regularly for a very long time, although he is fairly well trained-pulls a bit on the lead but has a great recall and knows sit and down. He's such a happy dog, still can't believe the owners 'wanted rid' of him-they hadn't even considered rehoming him
Just waiting for the rain to ease off a bit before taking him out for a last wee!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
12-07-2009, 10:58 PM   #15

well done your vets. It must be so hard when so many animals come in to be PTS, and the vets are stuck with no options. He looks a bit big, but we took in a collie/ alsation cross and she was 10kgs overweight, she was 11 but we got the weight off slowly and she was so much happier. If he does have arthritis, losing weight will be such a big benefit for him, and he can start to live life like a lab should!

I can't understand people who put down a pet they have had for years because it is inconvenient, I fight until the very last, perhaps that is my biggest problem, sometimes I don't know when to give up, and the vet has to tell me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
12-07-2009, 11:30 PM   #16

I'm in charge of the pet 'weight watchers' in our practice so I've devised a weight loss plan for him-just got to make sure everyone sticks to it Hopefully he can be an example to our other clients of what can be done.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
13-07-2009, 06:59 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklizzy
I'm in charge of the pet 'weight watchers' in our practice so I've devised a weight loss plan for him-just got to make sure everyone sticks to it Hopefully he can be an example to our other clients of what can be done.
He's beautiful.

I've just taken over the doggy weight watchers at work as the girl who looks after the health & welfare issues including fat-club has gone on maternity leave. I'd be interested to know more about what sort of things you do with your "larger-clients"

I'm also on an obedity project group as weight is a big subject (no pun intended )at the mo for us & a big project to drive home the importance of it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-07-2009, 08:22 AM   #18

Good luck to Z on his weight shedding and new (decent) people acquiring project. I don't think the latter will take him too long

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
13-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #19

It makes me so mad to think that any human could even contemplate PTS that lovley doggy to sleep, he looks such a happy chappie, at least now with you he will get the help and care that he needs

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
13-07-2009, 08:36 PM   #20

It just makes you despair. I am so pleased he has had a new start, and he is such a happy looking boy I'm sure he'll find a home soon.